LDS Tools Feedback

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
drewsky5

LDS Tools Feedback

Post by drewsky5 »

I've enjoyed using LDS Tools for the short time that it has been released. I'm sure I will notice more things as time goes on, but one tweak that I think would be better is regarding adding ward member information into your contacts. Instead of the quick button that adds the contact information I would much rather have the option to either "Create New Contact" or "Add to Existing Contact" like most applications have. I think it would be much better to have the option to add individual contact items.
natedavis

Post by natedavis »

drewsky5 wrote:I've enjoyed using LDS Tools for the short time that it has been released. I'm sure I will notice more things as time goes on, but one tweak that I think would be better is regarding adding ward member information into your contacts. Instead of the quick button that adds the contact information I would much rather have the option to either "Create New Contact" or "Add to Existing Contact" like most applications have. I think it would be much better to have the option to add individual contact items.
Thanks so much for your feedback. I have opened a ticket here outlining your request, and we will work on getting something like this in the future.
lajackson
Community Moderators

LDS Tools Feature Requests

Post by lajackson »

In LDS Tools, it would be nice to build a list and then be able to move the list somewhere. I think the best possiblility would be to e-mail it. Another way would be to move it to the Notes app.

In just the two days I have experimented with this app, I really like it. I can see that, in addition to the general reference information for members of the stake, I will be using the list building function a whole lot in my current calling.

But I will also need to share those lists with a few selected others, and an electronic way would be preferable to some of the more stable and mechanical ways currently available (like hammer and chisel, pen and paper, retyping, etc.).
buhler44

LDS Tools - notification of new members?

Post by buhler44 »

Thanks for this tool! One feature I would like to have once an update completes is the ability to get some sort of notification of new members added to my ward since my last update. Not sure how difficult that would be or if that would be allowed, but I thought I'd put the idea out there.
jhaufe

Re: LDS Tools Feedback

Post by jhaufe »

I love lds tools for my android phone. I use it quite often when I need to contact someone in the ward or to see what is on the calender for the month. I am having trouble with adding a new contact. I keep getting the message unfortunately, contacts has stopped. Our ward has done really well at getting emails and cell phone numbers and I can email someone, but it would be really nice to just click on the cell phone number to text someone instead of calling them. I would prefer not to add people to my contact list, I would prefer to have the possibility to text someone or call them if the cell phone is listed. Thanks for all your hard work.
benfrankyc

Post by benfrankyc »

jhaufe wrote:I love lds tools for my android phone. I use it quite often when I need to contact someone in the ward or to see what is on the calender for the month. I am having trouble with adding a new contact. I keep getting the message unfortunately, contacts has stopped. Our ward has done really well at getting emails and cell phone numbers and I can email someone, but it would be really nice to just click on the cell phone number to text someone instead of calling them. I would prefer not to add people to my contact list, I would prefer to have the possibility to text someone or call them if the cell phone is listed. Thanks for all your hard work.
I've had this issue on occasion, and it's seems to resolve itself if I restart my android phone.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Tools Feature Requests

Post by sbradshaw »

lajackson wrote:In LDS Tools, it would be nice to build a list and then be able to move the list somewhere. I think the best possiblility would be to e-mail it. Another way would be to move it to the Notes app.

In just the two days I have experimented with this app, I really like it. I can see that, in addition to the general reference information for members of the stake, I will be using the list building function a whole lot in my current calling.

But I will also need to share those lists with a few selected others, and an electronic way would be preferable to some of the more stable and mechanical ways currently available (like hammer and chisel, pen and paper, retyping, etc.).
This could be done in a similar way to the "send playlist" functionality in the LDS Music app (essentially it sends an ldsmusic:// link to the other person with codes for each item in the list as a parameter). Of course, there's no ldstools:// functionality yet...
lexicalcreations

Post by lexicalcreations »

I love this app! My only suggestion is to add the Ward and Stake Newsletter to it. Or at least a clip, or headlines, or a link. I think this would encourage members to read it.
llvarney

Post by llvarney »

I am in a YSA ward where there is a huge turnover. My understanding is that we are not to be adding pictures to of individuals without their permission. However, it would really be very, very helpful if we could add pictures for ALL ward members for internal use by at least the bishopric and be able to put in a check box by individual to indicate that the picture may also be viewed by others.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

llvarney wrote:I am in a YSA ward where there is a huge turnover. My understanding is that we are not to be adding pictures to of individuals without their permission. However, it would really be very, very helpful if we could add pictures for ALL ward members for internal use by at least the bishopric and be able to put in a check box by individual to indicate that the picture may also be viewed by others.
There are specific options for privacy settings for photos, the same as contact information – privacy of a picture can be set to "Stake," "Ward," or "Private - Leadership Only." Without the member's permission, however, you still can't upload a picture – even if you plan to set the privacy to leadership only.

When you are asking a member if you have permission to upload their photo (in my YSA ward it's a question on a new-member info sheet), you could have two questions instead of one:
– May we add your photo to the ward directory for ward leadership to see? (Y/N)
– May we add your photo to the ward directory for other ward members to see? (Y/N)

We also have the following questions on our info sheet:
– May we post ward activity photos on Facebook that include you? (Y/N)
– May we submit ward activity photos that include you to the church via Create.LDS.org? Form on back.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Member Tools”