Support forum?

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Support forum?

Post by russellhltn »

Are there any plans to create a official support forum for MLS, LUWS, etc? I'm seeing questions like that coming up, but if that's what some of the sections have been created for, it's not really clear. Right now it seems like support is mixing with batting ideas around.

I realize that this might be a bit outside of the concept of what this site was intended for, but I do see a crying need for an official support site where volunteers can help take some of the burden off the support staff.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Each department is watching the outcome of these forums to see if they can be properly managed. Assuming all goes well, this idea has been discussed. Ideally I want these forms to not be a bugzilla of sorts for MLS but rather to be a place where people talk about the cool solutions they have developed around these projects. I understand that in the short term, these forums look attractive for those who are looking for help.

Tom
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tomw wrote:Each department is watching the outcome of these forums to see if they can be properly managed.
OK, I understand. I hope it does work out. I do know of unofficial forums that serve the purpose of support, but being unofficial, people in need don't always find them. I imagine that the departments are aware of them. Perhaps they are a bit concerned over some of the expressions of frustration that occur there from time to time. :rolleyes:
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

RussellHltn wrote:OK, I understand. I hope it does work out. I do know of unofficial forums that serve the purpose of support, but being unofficial, people in need don't always find them.
Yes, this is why we are looking to provide an official source. I'll keep you posted.

Tom

Return to “Help with this forum”