Scriptures CD-ROM missing from store.lds.org

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
hpaulsen

Scriptures CD-ROM missing from store.lds.org

Post by hpaulsen »

I can't seem to find the Scriptures CD from store.lds.org. Is it being depreciated? Does anyone know? I can get it through the unit website, of course, but am not sure what to say for people who are interested in obtaining it for personal use.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

hpaulsen wrote:I can't seem to find the Scriptures CD from store.lds.org. Is it being depreciated? Does anyone know? I can get it through the unit website, of course, but am not sure what to say for people who are interested in obtaining it for personal use.
You're right that it isn't on store.lds.org, and it is listed as out of stock on the old ldscatalog.com. It's quite old software, so I would be surprised it it has been retired. But if you want to call Distribution Services to see if it might still be available, the item # is 50315000.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
r36_9346

Post by r36_9346 »

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but the software that was known as the Scriptures CD-ROM is now known as LDS View, and can be downloaded for free at http://ldsview.byu.edu/.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

R36_9346 wrote:I know this is a bit of an old thread, but the software that was known as the Scriptures CD-ROM is now known as LDS View, and can be downloaded for free at http://ldsview.byu.edu/.
Many thanks! I wondered where that whole project had gone. I love being able to study using the original Hebrew and Greek right there too. I see they now offer support for the Windows Mobile 5.x and 6.x platform as well. I'll have to fire up my old phone and try it.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Gospel Library”