What are IROPs?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
shawndowler

What are IROPs?

Post by shawndowler »

I got a message dated June 30th informing me, the Financial Clerk, that Internal Records of Purchase (IROPs) will be delivered electronically from now on. It also says that I should review the IROPs.

I have never seen anything called an IROP before. I searched the Wiki and this forum and can't find IROPs mentioned anywhere. What are IROPs? Are they only used in special circumstances, or am I missing something?

Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mailman0 wrote:I got a message dated June 30th informing me, the Financial Clerk, that Internal Records of Purchase (IROPs) will be delivered electronically from now on. It also says that I should review the IROPs.

I have never seen anything called an IROP before. I searched the Wiki and this forum and can't find IROPs mentioned anywhere. What are IROPs? Are they only used in special circumstances, or am I missing something?

Internal Record of Purchase is the statement sent to the bishop or stake president for items that are charged directly to the unit's account. The most common case is a purchase from Distribution Services. Stakes also receive an IROP for phone bills if they are billed directly.

Some threads about IROPs would include:
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”