Leader and Clerk Resources intro window doesn't go away

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
kennova

Leader and Clerk Resources intro window doesn't go away

Post by kennova »

Anyone else have to click the "Don't show me this message..." link every time you open Leader and Clerk resources. It used to only happen to the Clerk in our ward and now it's spread to me.
Kenn North
Texas
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kennova wrote:Anyone else have to click the "Don't show me this message..." link every time you open Leader and Clerk resources. It used to only happen to the Clerk in our ward and now it's spread to me.
That doesn't happen to me -- since I dismissed that message long ago, I've never seen it again.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

kennova wrote:Anyone else have to click the "Don't show me this message..." link every time you open Leader and Clerk resources. It used to only happen to the Clerk in our ward and now it's spread to me.

Yes, that started happening to me a couple weeks ago. I should probably send feedback but I haven't gotten around to doing it.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

I would clear any lds.org related cookies to see if it is a cookie that is there, but has bad data.
We have a site at work that will occasionally save a bad session ID. When that happens and you try to search, it brings the results page for ~1 second, then drops you back to the search page. Clearing the bad session cookie fixes it.

Aaron Z
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Yes, it has been that way with me from the beginning. Also, it often refuses to go away when I click the appropriate box. I might complain if I didn't like the site so much! It's worth the effort to get to it. And I did send a feedback on this several months ago.
kennova

Post by kennova »

The removing of all lds.org cookies was a good suggestion.. but it didn't work. I will submit this as feedback. My Bishop is now seeing the welcome message on the Directory that won't go away. Seems to be some sort of bug in the display logic.
Kenn North
Texas
davidbcarter

Post by davidbcarter »

I also see it every time. Happens on multiple computers in both Firefox and IE.
David Carter
stanmoore1

Post by stanmoore1 »

I have this problem too--I see the window every time, even though I click on the link "Don't show me this message again". I'm using Firefox on a Mac.
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

Ditto using Chrome.
reedcom

Verified bug in IE

Post by reedcom »

Verified this window doesn't go away in IE 8 & 9 on two computers. Firefox works OK. Does the church look at these forums or do we provide feedback elsewhere?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”