Envelope Printing Option for Expense Checks

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
wrigjef

Envelope Printing Option for Expense Checks

Post by wrigjef »

I use the manual feed option on the clerks office printer to print checks through MLS as well as mailing envelopes (standard #10 Church Stationary). As I am writing checks, I run through the normal process and print them through MLS (making sure the address in the system matches what the member wrote on an expense request). I then open a seperate program (open office) and print return envelopes for each check. I have a template in open office and over type the address with whatever is on the check. This process is OK but it sure would be nice if during the MLS portion of writing the check, after I print check and say it was printed OK, that it would give me the option of printing an envelope prior to moving on to the next check. When I am in the office spending a couple hours writing expense checks for a major activity (like girls camp), it sure would be nice if after entering the information for all the checks if I could just feed a check then an envelope, check, envelope etc...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wrigjef wrote:it sure would be nice if after entering the information for all the checks if I could just feed a check then an envelope, check, envelope etc...

I just use the windowed envelopes that are available on the standard stationery order from Distribution Services with the bishop or stake presidents name and address. Then I fold the stub over and the address on the stub appears in the window. That's a lot easier than a separate printing pass for a non-windowed envelope.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe the checks are designed to use envelopes with windows.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

wrigjef wrote:I then open a seperate program (open office) and print return envelopes for each check.
If I understand correctly, by return envelope you mean you are including an envelope along with the check for the recipient to mail something back to you? If not, then I'm with ae_brown - windowed envelopes save you the headache.

However, if you really meant return envelope (one to mail it to the person and a second return one for them to send something back), I don't see what this is for. What do they need to mail back? If receipts, etc, you should have all that before cutting the check. As has been noted elsewhere on the forum, in extenuating circumstances like FO rent payments, this method has been used to obtain receipts from landlords. I just don't see why this would be necessary for every check cut.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

aebrown wrote:I just use the windowed envelopes that are available on the standard stationery order from Distribution Services with the bishop or stake presidents name and address. Then I fold the stub over and the address on the stub appears in the window. That's a lot easier than a separate printing pass for a non-windowed envelope.

I know it's been several months and I lost a bunch of time by not looking at this post sooner. I have checked and only see the regular personalized envelopes, not the window ones. Can you point me in the right direction?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wrigjef wrote:I know it's been several months and I lost a bunch of time by not looking at this post sooner. I have checked and only see the regular personalized envelopes, not the window ones. Can you point me in the right direction?
On the Church Stationery Order Form (item 31986000), there is a section called Business Envelopes #10. It has checkboxes for 500 or 1000, and Regular or Window.

Check the box by "Window".
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
wmfwheeler

Re: Envelope Printing Option for Expense Checks

Post by wmfwheeler »

I have the windowed envelopes, but the address is too high (or just exactly at the top of the window). Is there anything I can do to adjust the address printing so it is lower on the check?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”