Resource assignments not consistently showing up

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
malewis22062

Resource assignments not consistently showing up

Post by malewis22062 »

Hi.

I am the Building Scheduler, so have access to Manage Resource Assignments as well as the normal views of calendars. When I go in via the Calendar view and select the resource I manage in the Subscribed Locations block, I can see calendar events across all three wards where they have reserved the building properly when they created their calendar events. When I go into Manage Resource Assignments for my building, I do NOT see these assignment/reservation, rather just see the "global" resource reservations I created for each Ward's Activity Night (done per instructions in calendar FAQ).

What I really want to be able to do is have a single view I can go to that shows me ALL resource reservations that have been made against the building I manage. I believe this was available in the classic LDS.org calendar. Maybe I'm just not understanding how to do this in the new LDS.org calendar.

Mark
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

malewis22062 wrote:I am the Building Scheduler, so have access to Manage Resource Assignments as well as the normal views of calendars. When I go in via the Calendar view and select the resource I manage in the Subscribed Locations block, I can see calendar events across all three wards where they have reserved the building properly when they created their calendar events. When I go into Manage Resource Assignments for my building, I do NOT see these assignment/reservation, rather just see the "global" resource reservations I created for each Ward's Activity Night (done per instructions in calendar FAQ).

What I really want to be able to do is have a single view I can go to that shows me ALL resource reservations that have been made against the building I manage. I believe this was available in the classic LDS.org calendar. Maybe I'm just not understanding how to do this in the new LDS.org calendar.

There is no single view, although I suppose there could be a use for that. This was not available in the classic calendar, since the whole concept of Resource Assignments didn't even exist. All you could do with the classic calendar was see actual reservations. You can do that in the new Calendar by selecting the building on the main calendar view using "Subscribed Locations."

But an "Assignment" is definitely not a reservation, and you need to make sure you keep those concepts distinct in your mind. You might find some helpful explanations in the thread Double-booking Hazard if "Blocked" was used on "Resource Assignment", where someone was confusing the two issues and some of us tried to help explain the difference.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

malewis22062 wrote:What I really want to be able to do is have a single view I can go to that shows me ALL resource reservations that have been made against the building I manage.
This may be available in the 2.0 calendar release. For further information see View Resource Calendar.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”