Geo code reports?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lmemmott

Geo code reports?

Post by lmemmott »

I've read up on the geo code feature in MLS and understand the general idea and see where I can enter the geo codes (membership -> Household Geo Codes), ...however I don't see where the geo code reports are created? I'm sure I've overlooked it in MLS somehow. Can anyone tell me where to look in MLS for these reports? i.e. how many priesthood holders, youth, children, women, etc. are in each proposed ward???

Thanks
LM
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

That is a function of stake MLS and found in the Boundary Proposals. The model reports members, families, High Priests, Elders, Relief Society, YM, YW, and children.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

At the Ward Level, GEO Codes are available to filter custom reports. We use GEO Codes (as assigned by the stake) in our ward for the root of our Emergency Preparedness Groups. You could write custom reports that would show more than just households based on their Geo-Code, if you so desired.
lmemmott

Thanks for the Help

Post by lmemmott »

Being new at this I ran up against two issues:
1) "Boundary Proposals" isn't under the menus in MLS. Instead, in the middle area I had to click on "More" for Membership Records and then on "Boundary Proposals" under the Boundary Realignment area. Generally everything in the middle area can be found in the drop down menus, but not in this case. Who would have thought?
2) The second thing was once a proposal is created, it wasn't obvious to me how to add geos (i.e. via geo codes) into the proposed ward boundary. The key is to click on the "New <name> Ward" link on the "Models" page. This allows different geos to be added and removed from each new ward proposal.

I thought I'd mention this here in case anyone else runs up against this problem.

Thanks to those who posted responses and helped me through this issues.

Thanks,
LM

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”