How to find the home ward of an individual

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rferolino

How to find the home ward of an individual

Post by rferolino »

I am new to my position as stake clerk. I have two returned missionary released certificates but the returned missionaries are no longer living in our stake boundaries. What is the best way to find out the new home ward?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rferolino wrote:I am new to my position as stake clerk. I have two returned missionary released certificates but the returned missionaries are no longer living in our stake boundaries. What is the best way to find out the new home ward?
A member of the stake presidency can call Local Unit Support and find out where they are. I don't believe they will give clerks that information, but you could always try and then even if you can't get the information yourself you would be able to ask exactly who can get that information.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
sghall

Post by sghall »

They will give this information to Ward/Stake clerks. Usually having a birthday or the MRN helps them a lot in the process.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

sghall wrote:They will give this information to Ward/Stake clerks. Usually having a birthday or the MRN helps them a lot in the process.
They should not be giving information on members not in the unit to anyone but a bishop or stake president. That being said, it all depends on who you talk to. If you're a smooth talker, you may get the info.

My question back - if you received the certificate that means they left from your unit. Are they listed in your online missionary system? This system is independent of membership record. If they are still there, you can review the mission recommend to obtain address and possibly contact info for the missionary's parents. Also, if you are the stake that submitted the mission papers, you should have a hard copy filed away somewhere and you could look for the info there, though this may only contain the medical papers.
rferolino

Post by rferolino »

Thank you for your responses. Crislapi, I took your advice and reviewed the online missionary system. I got one of the missionaries' email address there and just sent him an email. Hope it still works; otherwise I'll try the Local Unit Support.

Return to “Membership Help”