Hold Harmless Agreement

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
trentl

Hold Harmless Agreement

Post by trentl »

Is there an online pdf available of the Hold Harmless Agreement?

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

trentl wrote:Is there an online pdf available of the Hold Harmless Agreement?

It was available at one time to stake presidents on the older Official Communications Library, but the new OCL doesn't have documents that old (it was issued 29 April 2009) -- and the older OCL is no longer accessible. I don't believe that form is available anywhere online now.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Is this a parent release? If so, one called "Parental or Guardian Permission and Medical Release" is available at store.lds.org. It is item 33810000 and can be downloaded as a pdf.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

crislapi wrote:Is this a parent release? If so, one called "Parental or Guardian Permission and Medical Release" is available at store.lds.org. It is item 33810000 and can be downloaded as a pdf.
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the 29 April 2009 letter, titled "Updated Hold Harmless Agreement," which contains the following paragraph:

"When a local priesthood leader allows a non-Church group to use a meetinghouse or its grounds temporarily, a Hold Harmless Agreement should be signed (copy enclosed). A Hold Harmless Agreement is not necessary when Church members use meetinghouses for Church or family-related events."
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

I happen to have an electronic copy of the letter Alan is referencing, with the new hold harmless agreement. Would it be inappropriate to attach it to a post, or should I conduct such business via e-mail?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If the church wants us to use it, I'd think they'd make it available. Could it have been superseded by the new Handbook?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:If the church wants us to use it, I'd think they'd make it available. Could it have been superseded by the new Handbook?
I don't see how it could have been superseded by the new handbook, unless the handbook says that no nonmembers may use Church buildings under any circumstances, which it doesn't. The agreement itself is certainly not in the Handbook, so it still seems useful. The Church did make it available only two years ago, and we are instructed to keep files of official letters, so I don't see how it is reasonable to assume that the Church doesn't want us to use it just because it isn't currently available online.

Nonetheless, I would be wary about posting a document that was only sent to bishops, stake presidents, and above.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

It's located in the appendix of Facilities Management Guidelines for Meetinghouses and Other Church Property (United States and Canada, 35860; outside the United States and Canada, 36485). This is referenced in the new handbooks, which leads me to believe it hasn't been superseded. Seems strange that it is difficult to get a hold of. Perhaps it should be brought up to the store?
atticusewig

Post by atticusewig »

A web search found this in the Forms and Documents section of the Northwest Area Recreation Properties website.

http://bigo.byu.edu:8085/MRP-NANW/MRPIm ... rmless.pdf

Is this the form you want ?

- Atticus
trentl

Post by trentl »

atticusewig wrote:A web search found this in the Forms and Documents section of the Northwest Area Recreation Properties website.

http://bigo.byu.edu:8085/MRP-NANW/MRPIm ... rmless.pdf

Is this the form you want ?

- Atticus

Thank you. That is it.

Return to “Reports and Forms”