Can't Delete User

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
accampbell

Can't Delete User

Post by accampbell »

As Elders Quorum President, I created a few calendars for the quorum. Some of the calendars were private. I created rights by name. I don't believe rights by calling was available at that time. I am now ward clerk. I have successfully added members by calling to these calendars, and have successfully deleted the other by name members, but cannot delete myself. Is this because I am clerk and must have access to all calendars? If so, I assume I just unsubscribe from the calendars I don't want to see?? Also, what about a bishops calendar that might contain private info? Will all leaders with edit rights be able to see this even in a private calendar?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

accampbell wrote:As Elders Quorum President, I created a few calendars for the quorum. Some of the calendars were private. I created rights by name. I don't believe rights by calling was available at that time. I am now ward clerk. I have successfully added members by calling to these calendars, and have successfully deleted the other by name members, but cannot delete myself. Is this because I am clerk and must have access to all calendars?
Being able to delete yourself as an editor should have nothing to do with your default approver rights. You do not have to include yourself as an editor to a calendar to have editor rights - that is part of the approver rights. The only calendars an approver does not have editor or viewer rights to are private calendars.

Is the calendar you cannot delete yourself as editor from a private calendar? I tested the creation of a private calendar with myself as an editor and added my wife by name just to have someone else as an editor. I then tried to delete myself but was not able to do so until I made the calendar public (unchecked "Make this calendar private" in the Viewers option). I then made it private again and I reappeared as an editor. So it looks like the creator of a private calendar will continue to be a "by name" editor of the private calendar. This appears to be a bug. I can see the logic of having the creator a "by name" editor. But it does cause problems of passing on a private calendar that has the sole purpose of functioning for a calling.
accampbell wrote:If so, I assume I just unsubscribe from the calendars I don't want to see??
Just as for any other member an approver can unsubscribe or deselect subscribed calendars to remove the calendar from the compiled calendar view. To exclude a calendar from any calendar exports the calendar should be "unsubscribe" in the subscriptions.
accampbell wrote:Also, what about a bishops calendar that might contain private info? Will all leaders with edit rights be able to see this even in a private calendar?
No. Private calendars are just that, private. Only those listed as editors for that private calendar can edit it and those listed as viewers can view it (editors are by default viewers). Edit rights to one calendar do not give edit rights to any other calendar. The only exception is that approvers can edit any calendar except private calendars. Approvers cannot view a private calendar either. But they can see who is an editor or viewer of that private calendar.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”