Volunteers

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
dideyjohn

Volunteers

Post by dideyjohn »

I would love to help, but everything looks like neeeding to know computer softare. I put in my skills and most of the projects that came up I dot not qualify for. I am a degreed Mechanical engineer by trade - can you point me in the right direction
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Good question. So far, I haven't see any projects that call for mechanical engineers. So far it's been mostly computer programming or some form of data entry - both are things that work well with a widely dispersed group connected by computers.

By in large, the church is following a trend started elsewhere. To help the imagination, what kinds of "collective" projects have mechanical engineers gotten together to do?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dideyjohn wrote:I would love to help, but everything looks like neeeding to know computer softare. I put in my skills and most of the projects that came up I dot not qualify for. I am a degreed Mechanical engineer by trade - can you point me in the right direction
Although most of the tasks involve needing to know computer software, by no means do you need to be a software developer. We need testers, writers, editors, designers, and many others who aren't programmers.

Look at the Getting Involved with Projects page on the wiki for ideas how you can start contributing.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Maybe Church could be interested into a new "adjustable podio" for the units. An unexpensive podio mechanical system to adjust it at the tight of speaker. Thought without electrical parts (read motor).
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).

Return to “General Discussions”