My Study Notebook and dates

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
bweggersen

My Study Notebook and dates

Post by bweggersen »

I can't see any date or time associated with my journal entries, markings etc. I think it would be nice to have this information, and to be able to sort the list of entries by date and to group them by month or year. It is my understanding that there used to be two views, a detailed and a list view (I only have list view). I suggest there should be a calendar mode. It would also update what it displays according to selected notebooks, types and/or tags, just like the list.

I am trying to use My Study Notebook a lot. But as I put more information in, I see the need to be able to filter or organize my content better. I love notebooks and tags. But dates would definitely make a lot of sense to me, at least in the long run.

Additionally, there should be an option to apply various filters to my markings or comments when reading scriptures online. Say I am studying Preach My Gospel. I've made a notebook where I store everything that has come out of this study. It would be nice to only view markings and comments from this notebook when I am reading scriptures online in my Preach my Gospel study. Or maybe I only want to see markings from last year. Etc.

I hope it made some sense. I really appreciate the work that has been done.

Benjamin
kurtclement

Removed feature for sorting entries

Post by kurtclement »

bweggersen wrote:I can't see any date or time associated with my journal entries, markings etc. I think it would be nice to have this information, and to be able to sort the list of entries by date and to group them by month or year. It is my understanding that there used to be two views

I agree (and hope someone is watching) The order some of my notebook entries are in do not make sense. I used to be able to move them in order. I would prefer to sort them by date, but the options seemed to have been removed. I am using the notebooks as a journal and maybe that isn't the use it was designed for.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

I forwarded this request to the interaction designer on Study Notebook.

Return to “Main Church Website”