"Import iCal events" puts events on wrong calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
chasonhawkins

"Import iCal events" puts events on wrong calendar

Post by chasonhawkins »

I am trying to upload an iCal calendar of events into a specific Stake calendar entitled "Stake Welfare Assignments". "Stake Welfare Assignments" is listed last in the list of the drop-down of available Calendars, but even though I select it, the events are imported into the first Calendar listed in the dropdown, which in my case is "Stake Council (private)". I've included a picture to show that the desired target location "Stake Welfare Assignments" is visible in the dropdown. But again, the events are imported into the top location.

Since the events are showing up (just in the wrong calendar), I'm confident that the file is not corrupted, and that I'm using the correct process. I can access the uploaded events in the wrong calendar, and change them to the correct calendar, but obviously that requires manual intervention on each uploaded event. (see picture 2)

Any ideas on what may be driving this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Picture 1 (selecting the last Calendar, but events are uploaded to the first)
import.jpg
import.jpg (24.65 KiB) Viewed 588 times

Picture 2 (after import, am able to manually reassign each imported event to the correct calendar)
save.jpg
(53.88 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

chasonhawkins wrote:I am trying to upload an iCal calendar of events into a specific Stake calendar entitled "Stake Welfare Assignments". "Stake Welfare Assignments" is listed last in the list of the drop-down of available Calendars, but even though I select it, the events are imported into the first Calendar listed in the dropdown, which in my case is "Stake Council (private)". I've included a picture to show that the desired target location "Stake Welfare Assignments" is visible in the dropdown. But again, the events are imported into the top location.
This may be too obvious a question, but in the image you provided, the Stake Welfare Assignments calendar wasn't actually selected. You have to click on it and then it will appear in the selected field of the dropdown. Is it possible you skipped that step?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
chasonhawkins

Post by chasonhawkins »

Thanks for the quick reply. No, I did not skip the step. I did select the field from the dropdown list, and it did appear correctly. I grabbed an image of the entire list to show that there were multiple calendars available. Sorry for any lack of clarity.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

chasonhawkins wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. No, I did not skip the step. I did select the field from the dropdown list, and it did appear correctly. I grabbed an image of the entire list to show that there were multiple calendars available. Sorry for any lack of clarity.
Hmm. I can import an iCal file into any calendar I choose, and the events go into the selected calendar. Perhaps you might want to try my test file, which I have attached. It contains a single test event on 11 Jan 2012. If you try to import that and report back your experience, at least that will help narrow down whether there is something in your iCal file that is changing the behavior.
Attachments
test.zip
(604 Bytes) Downloaded 84 times
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
chasonhawkins

Post by chasonhawkins »

Thanks for posting the test file. I tried to import the file into the selected calendar, but once again, it imported the event into the first calendar listed in the drop-down, and not the one I selected. Very strange. Any other ideas?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

chasonhawkins wrote:Thanks for posting the test file. I tried to import the file into the selected calendar, but once again, it imported the event into the first calendar listed in the drop-down, and not the one I selected. Very strange. Any other ideas?
Perhaps it is related to your browser. Do you have another browser you can try, or another machine you can try it on?

Return to “Calendar”