Import from Classic to New Calendar dates are 1 day out

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
nihonjin

Import from Classic to New Calendar dates are 1 day out

Post by nihonjin »

Today i decided to import the calendar from the classic website to the new calendar and it has put all events 1 day forward ie if the day was a Tue in the classic it appears on a Wed in the new calendar.

Any idea as to why this is happening and what i can do to rectify as i really don't want to have to retype all the events already entered into the classic calendar. Thanks for any suggestions.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

How are you importing? Via the Calendar Setup Wizard, or the iCal import? If it's via the iCal, you may need to edit the file to make sure the new calendar understands the time zone correctly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nihonjin

Post by nihonjin »

I have been using the setup wizard.

I cant even use the other methods as when i go to export via the classic calendar it tells me i need to be a member of the stake or ward even though i am and I am also the stake administrator.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to check the date/time and time zone settings on your computer. If it's correct, you might play with other time zone settings to make it work right. Given your location, you may have uncovered a bug.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nihonjin

Post by nihonjin »

I still cant get the events to import from the classic to the new calendar and appear on the correct day. They all still import 1 day forward ie Tuesday event appears on a Wed and so on. I would really like to get this fixed how do i go about alerting someone to this potential bug. thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The best way to get someone's attention is to use the feedback link at the bottom of the LDS.org page. Due to volume, they may not reply. But it will get read.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin »

I used the feedback link but according to the help page the following is the suggested method for help:

If you experience import issues, such as wrong time zones, truncated events, or error messages, let us know by posting the issue in the LDS Tech Forum.

So how do i go about getting someone who can look into the problem specifically to either tell me what i am doing wrong or fix the bug that is causing these import issues. the specific time it goes wrong is when you choose to import and it shows on the left the events and their dates and you have to select which event you wish to import and into which calendar. At this point all of the events on the left that are automatically populated from the old classic calendar show up with the wrong dates. They are however correct when viewed in the classic calendar.

Please help. thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The only thing I can suggest is to double-check the date/time and time zone settings on your computer. Others have indicated problems when their computer is set incorrectly.

While there are some employees who visit the LDS Tech Forum, the bulk of the help is user-to-user or peer group support.

At this time the developers are about to let us play with Calendar 2.0 in a sandbox. Given the limited resources, I'm not sure as they'd be fixing any bugs in the 1.0 version.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin »

thanks but there is definitely no problem with timezone settings on my computer and the problem appears at home, work and even church. I guess ill just wait for version 2.0 and hope the problem is fixed.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

As RussellHltn noted, we're hoping to start a small beta test of the new version of the calendar within a few weeks. It sounds like you've found a legitimate timezone bug, but we don't have time or budget for another bug fix release of the current version of calendar. I'd love to have you try the import in the 2.0 calendar when the beta becomes available and let us know if you see any issues with the new import wizard.

See the first post in this thread for details:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... .0-Release

Return to “Calendar”