Directory access for YSA and home stake

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lehrschallbrian

Directory access for YSA and home stake

Post by lehrschallbrian »

I am the ward clerk in a Young Single Adult ward. My YSA ward boundaries are in two stakes. The new second counselor is from the other stake and I need him to be able to have access to both Stake Directories online. Does anyone know how I can do that? What I did was bring his record in and then print an IOS then sent it back to his home ward. Then I created an out of unit record for him and his wife. He access as a bishopric counselor to my stake but not to his home stake.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lehrschallbrian wrote:I am the ward clerk in a Young Single Adult ward. My YSA ward boundaries are in two stakes. The new second counselor is from the other stake and I need him to be able to have access to both Stake Directories online. Does anyone know how I can do that? What I did was bring his record in and then print an IOS then sent it back to his home ward. Then I created an out of unit record for him and his wife. He access as a bishopric counselor to my stake but not to his home stake.

How long have you waited after doing these moves? Theoretically this should give him access to both stakes. And what leads you to say that he doesn't have access to his home stake? How is he trying to access the other stake's information? You might get some clues as to how this is designed to work from this post.

And by the way, it's not a very good practice to grab a membership record from another ward just to pull some information from the record. Doing that removes him from his household, removes him from any callings (such as home teaching assignments), etc. Sending the record back doesn't fix any of those things -- it just makes a lot of work for the clerk and others in his home ward. It's much nicer to just ask him to bring in an IOS that his ward clerk prints for him.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

The other thing I have found is that they have access but don't know how to view it. In the directory, his "Stake" button is now a drop-down menu from which he must select which stake he wants to view. The default is likely the stake he is an out-of-unit member in.

Return to “Membership Help”