Calling issue with LDS Tools

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
BB61

Calling issue with LDS Tools

Post by BB61 »

When I tap on the members phone number, LDS Tools defaults to sending them a text message. On some members, if I press my phone's menu button it will give me the ability to hit the "more" button and then I can press "Call" and then call them. On others, it won't bring up the "more" button and I am limited to texting them only. I can understand it limiting me to calls only if it were a ground line. But, what I have here is a default limit to texts with some ability to call that doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason as to the limitation. For instance, my home phone is a cell. I can call it using the process above. However, my 1st Councilor's cell number is something LDS tools will not let me call and limits me to texts only. Sighhhhh.

For reference, I am using a Samsung Charge, Verizon.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP/SUGGESTIONS!!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My phone (original Motorola Droid) defaults to calling. I suspect that may be something to do with Android rather then LDS Tools. In a quick test, I only found seven digit and 10 digit phone numbers. The formatting could be an issue.

If I press and hold on the phone number, then I get a menu as to what action I wish to take.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BB61

Post by BB61 »

RussellHltn wrote:My phone (original Motorola Droid) defaults to calling. I suspect that may be something to do with Android rather then LDS Tools. In a quick test, I only found seven digit and 10 digit phone numbers. The formatting could be an issue.

If I press and hold on the phone number, then I get a menu as to what action I wish to take.
Thanks. That works. I would note that my systems engineer at work has an origianl Motorola Droid as well. When I got your suggestion, we tried it on his phone. Just to complicate matters, LDS Tools works perfectly on his phone. In any event, you helped out. THANKS!!!!

Return to “Android Member Tools App”