Right calling in LDS Directory and LDS Tools?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
sebastianmichanek

Right calling in LDS Directory and LDS Tools?

Post by sebastianmichanek »

Hi, I can't see in LDS Tools or in LDS Directory f.ex. that I have got a new calling ac 2. counselor to the branch president. It's right in MLS.
When will this be updated? Do anyone know?
Thank you,
Sebastian Michanek
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It can take up to two days for the change to be reflected in the online applications. I just noticed that a calling I entered into MLS last Sunday did not appear online until Tuesday.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

sebastianmichanek wrote:Hi, I can't see in LDS Tools or in LDS Directory f.ex. that I have got a new calling ac 2. counselor to the branch president. It's right in MLS.
When will this be updated? Do anyone know?
Thank you,
Sebastian Michanek
After doing a send/receive from MLS it should be in CDOL in less than an hour. As soon as it is in CDOL it shows up in LDS Directory, but not in classic ward web site.

Since yours didn't come through one thing you can try is to make a minor change to your calling in MLS (change the set apart flag for example) save it, then change it back to the correct value. Then a send/receive should send it up to CDOL.
sebastianmichanek

Post by sebastianmichanek »

Thank you. We changed the calling in MLS over a week ago. And last sunday did some updates to see if something was happening. But it still not updated on LDS Tools. Do we need to do anything in the MLS? Export it or other thing?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sebastianmichanek wrote:Thank you. We changed the calling in MLS over a week ago. And last sunday did some updates to see if something was happening. But it still not updated on LDS Tools. Do we need to do anything in the MLS? Export it or other thing?
As long as the standard calling is entered in MLS properly, that's all you have to do. There's no extra export step.

You or your branch clerk should check in CDOL to make sure the calling appears correctly there. That's the key to any online system. If it's not in CDOL, try modifying it again as Ryan Jones suggested. If it's in CDOL, but doesn't appear as a standard calling (black text -- not orange), then fix the calling in MLS to be a standard calling and transmit again.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sebastianmichanek wrote:But it still not updated on LDS Tools.

After the calling is in MLS and sent to CDOL, you still need to update your LDS Tools database, at least on the iTouch. You have already done that, I presume.

Return to “Member Tools”