App incompatible with Samsung Charge

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
donrjones

App incompatible with Samsung Charge

Post by donrjones »

I have a new Samsung Droid Charge. I want to use the LDS Scriptures App. I can't find it in the Market. I also found a reference "This app is incompatible with your Verizon Samsung SCH-I510." Curious as to why this is the case? Plus will it be fixed in the near future?
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

We would need to know specifications on the device to know why it is incompatible. Right now the app should be compatible with Android 1.5 devices and above.
Jason Hyer
donrjones

additional info

Post by donrjones »

Here are the specification from the device:
Model number is Samsung - SCH-I510;
Hardware version - i510.06
Android firmware version - 2.2.1;
Baseband version - i510.06 V.EE4 & SCH-I510.EE1
Kernal version 2.6.32.99 (se.infra@SEI-07 #1);
Build # SCH-I510.EE4.

Is there other information you need?

Thanks for the quick response. appreciate the help.

Don
BrumfieldAD

Post by BrumfieldAD »

Hi Don,

Are you searching for "Gospel Library" in the Market and seeing this message? Or are you searching for LDS Scriptures?

Thanks,
Asiel
donrjones

Post by donrjones »

I found the incompatibility after a bit of searching. Originally I went to the the "Market" on my phone. I did not see the LDS Scriptures App. It was not listed. I have a friend who has a different Adroid phone and had no issue with down loading the App. I decided to do some searching to see what was going on. I finally went to online ( https://market.android.com/details?id=o ... lated_apps). The App is listed. I picked on the app and a warning banner under the Install button comes up indicated the App is incompatible with my phone. That is how I found out.

To me it does not make sense. But who knows if Samsung did something differently, which I hope they did not. I like the phone and the speed.

Appreciate the help.

Don
donrjones

Post by donrjones »

I have another bit of information. It seems the app LDS Escrituras (Spanish version) IS compatible with my smart phone. How does that work? Am I being told to start brushing up on my Spanish :-).

Thanks,

Don
mbatemantx

Post by mbatemantx »

I have a Samsung Charge and am currently running the gospel library app with no problems.
BrumfieldAD

Post by BrumfieldAD »

The latest version of the Gospel Library app released today should work great on the Droid Charge. Please let us know if you see any problems.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”