Can't see the directory on new lds.org

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
rosecarson

Can't see the directory on new lds.org

Post by rosecarson »

My problem is that I can only see our ward directory when I go to Classic lds.org. When I sign in, click on Tools, and then click on directory, I get a message that there is a problem and I am unable to log in. However, I just used that login to be able to post this question. Also, I am unable to use LDS Tools because of the login error with lds.org. I've deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPhone dozens of times. I talked on the phone to the help number that appears with the error message; they said I had 2 user names and then deleted one of them. I am now using only one user name but I still can't log onto LDS Tools. I have written back and forth to Mike Morrow who had me check to see if I could see the directory on the new lds.org without going into Classic. Sure enough, I couldn't. He says that is why the LDS Tools isn't working. Please advise me as to what I can do. Thank you. FYI, I am in Las Vegas, NV, 3 miles from the sun.:cool: Thanks so much. I guess other people are having the same problem I am.
Leemerritt

Iphone and LDS web sites

Post by Leemerritt »

It is my understanding that many of the LDS sites use Flash Player and the Iphone and Ipad do not. That is a probable cause of the error that you are receiving. Hope this helps a bit.:)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I doubt if it's a flash issue. The only idea I can think of is that you may need to clear your cache.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

leemerritt wrote:It is my understanding that many of the LDS sites use Flash Player and the Iphone and Ipad do not. That is a probable cause of the error that you are receiving. Hope this helps a bit.:)
I have an iPhone, and can access the new directory as lds.org just fine with it. It is not a Flash, iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch issue. The original poster appears to be describing an LDS Account issue where his credentials allow him to login and post to tech.lds.org, but don't let him get past the login screen at lds.org to view the Directory (or the Calendar, I assume). I'd recommend using feedback link at https://lds.org/SSOSignIn/ to report the problem if you haven't done so already.

Return to “Church Account”