Adding Ward Website Administrators

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
sbstanger

Adding Ward Website Administrators

Post by sbstanger »

I have been set apart in my ward as the Friendshipping Co-chair in my YSA ward. Part of my calling requires me to post pictures on the church website, however in order to add you need administrative powers, on the new website I do not have such powers. Is the new website based off of calling? We originally thought that, and I was recently called as Web Website Administrator, does the calling imply the powers it implies? If not what are the steps needed in order to give me powers I need to fulfill my calling?

Any info would be nice :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sbstanger wrote:Part of my calling requires me to post pictures on the church website, however in order to add you need administrative powers, on the new website I do not have such powers. Is the new website based off of calling? We originally thought that,

Yes. Permissions on lds.org are almost always dependent on your calling.
sbstanger wrote:I was recently called as Web Website Administrator, does the calling imply the powers it implies? If not what are the steps needed in order to give me powers I need to fulfill my calling?

Being the ward Website Administrator will give you the ability to post pictures to the Directory on lds.org for your ward. However, it will only work if you were properly entered (probably by the ward clerk) into MLS with the standard calling "Website Administrator." Also, once that calling is entered in MLS it can take up to 36 hours for you to have the permissions granted by that calling.

So I'd advise you to ask your ward clerk to check to see if you have that standard calling (he should look in CDOL to make sure).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

aebrown wrote:So I'd advise you to ask your ward clerk to check to see if you have that standard calling (he should look in CDOL to make sure).
Alan is correct. You will need to have your ward clerk change your calling from a custom position to the standard position of Website Administrator.

Return to “Main Church Website”