Outstanding Reconciliation Items

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mdbutikofer2

Outstanding Reconciliation Items

Post by mdbutikofer2 »

Hi. I have an item on the outstanding reconciliation items that says the following:
"A deposit was transmitted through MLS or reported by your unit, but not confirmed by the bank. Please confirm the deposit." It then shows the deposit in question.

This happened a couple of months ago as well with two deposits. How do I verify the deposit? A bishopric member and I always go to the bank every Sunday and make the deposits in the night drop. I am assuming that they just haven't showed up yet in SLC.

I am not sure that the bank would give me any info if I called with authorization of some sort.
mdbutikofer2

Post by mdbutikofer2 »

I think I figured this out. I was able to go into MLS and look under the "view/update donations" tab. It showed that all of the deposits have cleared. This is the same method that I use to check and see if checks have cleared but under "view/update expenses" tab.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mdbutikofer2 wrote:I think I figured this out. I was able to go into MLS and look under the "view/update donations" tab. It showed that all of the deposits have cleared. This is the same method that I use to check and see if checks have cleared but under "view/update expenses" tab.
Be advised that "cleared" for checks does not mean that the checks have been fully processed through the banking system. It merely means that the check information has been received by CHQ. Until the check appears on the UFS as not an outstanding check has it really cleared the banking system. If you need to find out if a check has cleared the banking system before receiving a UFS contact LUS and they can check on the status. Do not use the "cleared" status in MLS in determining whether a check has cleared the banking system.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”