Book of Mormon Manual

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
silid

Book of Mormon Manual

Post by silid »

Hi All

I've just spotted that there seems to be a new teacher manual for the Book of Mormon Sunday School Course: http://lds.org/manual/book-of-mormon-teacher-manual

It has 56 chapters. The online version doesn't have instructions for teachers included and there doesn't seem to be a PDF of this version. Does anyone have any official information on how the lessons should be distributed through the usual 48 weeks of the Sunday School curriculum?

Si
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

silid wrote:I've just spotted that there seems to be a new teacher manual for the Book of Mormon Sunday School Course: http://lds.org/manual/book-of-mormon-teacher-manual

It has 56 chapters. The online version doesn't have instructions for teachers included and there doesn't seem to be a PDF of this version. Does anyone have any official information on how the lessons should be distributed through the usual 48 weeks of the Sunday School curriculum?

I wouldn't worry too much about that manual. It's really rough; not only does it not have a PDF version, but the text hasn't been properly formatted (it has the word "lightbulb" where clearly there is to be some sort of light bulb icon). It's not clear what its purpose is, and there is certainly no official information about it at this point. It's still pretty early to be worried about the 2012 curriculum.

Besides, it's not titled as a "Gospel Doctrine" manual, as the others have been. See, for example, the Book of Mormon Gospel Doctrine Teacher's Manual. It has 48 lessons and matches the other Gospel Doctrine manuals.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
silid

Post by silid »

Well spotted. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
silid

Post by silid »

I have just discovered that it is in fact the text from the Institute teachers manual, not Sunday School, so it is incorrectly linked to in the Sunday School section of the manuals.

Return to “General Discussions”