Android Tablet China run Gospel Library

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
yvenor2002

Android Tablet China run Gospel Library

Post by yvenor2002 »

Hello,

I have a Android Tablet China it's run Gospel Library like a Android Phone.

How?

I just download (gospel-libray-2.0-RELESE.apk ) my Tablet and I install it and download the utilities for this app and the Gospel Library work good and my Tablet.

Why not you ?

I don't know if someone did not try it but I try it and it's work very good I want others do it as I did.
gustcast

Post by gustcast »

Same here! I running LDS tools, the escriptures! Hyms, and like any other table PC... less $$
RonaldF

Post by RonaldF »

I am new to Android and have a Pandigital Novel. It does not have Android market. When I access market through the internet and try to download Gospel Library it states that I do not have an Android phone. Please post the detailed instructions on how to install the Gospel Library from the gospel_library-2.0-RELESE.apk file. I have it downloaded into a folder on my PC. The Novel is running Android 2.0.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Check this website https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Android - look for the Latest Release section.
RonaldF

Post by RonaldF »

JohnShaw wrote:Check this website https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Android - look for the Latest Release section.
Thank you for the link. I had tried again with the newer version. The app loads but when I try to start it, the screen gives a little flash ant goes back to the home screen. The Novel may not be compatible in its stock form even though it is running Android 2.0. I’ve purchased Kindle’s LDS scripture ebook and installed FBreader to read the conference ebook in epub format. Not the best option but it is working. I would prefer Gospel Library.
mcbreeden

Pandigital Novel Issues

Post by mcbreeden »

I was bumping the last post. I bought this pandigital novel as well and found that I can not get the gospel library 2.0 to work either on my novel. I can get 1.2 to work without issue. I did read the tech troubleshooting section on deleting the file on the sd card but it did not make a difference. 1.2 doesn't have updated conferences on it and magazines, or this years publications, is the only real problem. I am using "Reveal" for the moment, but it isn't as elegant as gospel library 2.0. It starts up with the header gospel library only and flashes a blank screen then closes.
roarkperry

Post by roarkperry »

I also have a couple of Pandigital tablets. Both are the 9" Novels
I have not been able to get the gospel Library to work on them. I have downloaded the .apk files for both 2.0 and 2.1 and I can install either one but when I launch it blinks and then does a force close. I have tried deleting the gospel_library folder as in the troubleshooting steps but this has not worked.

Any help would be appreciated.
RonaldF

Post by RonaldF »

ronaldf wrote:Thank you for the link. I had tried again with the newer version. The app loads but when I try to start it, the screen gives a little flash ant goes back to the home screen. The Novel may not be compatible in its stock form even though it is running Android 2.0. I’ve purchased Kindle’s LDS scripture ebook and installed FBreader to read the conference ebook in epub format. Not the best option but it is working. I would prefer Gospel Library.
UPDATE:
I have Gospel Library working on the Pandigital Novel now. I had to delete the content folder and replace it with a content folder that had at least one book in it. Everything then worked.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”