LUWS (Classic) Calendar export

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
terrysduncan

LUWS (Classic) Calendar export

Post by terrysduncan »

I can no longer export calendar items from my classic calendar via the csv or ical links. The error message indicates "You must be a member of this ward or stake to view this page". Everyone I have asked to try this is seeing the same thing so it is not isolated to my account or even my ward/stake. Is this part of the phase out of the classic site or will this problem be fixed?

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

terrysduncan wrote:I can no longer export calendar items from my classic calendar via the csv or ical links. The error message indicates "You must be a member of this ward or stake to view this page". Everyone I have asked to try this is seeing the same thing so it is not isolated to my account or even my ward/stake. Is this part of the phase out of the classic site or will this problem be fixed?

That sounds like the problem that was reported here; the post that immediately follows that one says "There is a solution being developed for this confirmed issue. It should hopefully be released within the next week or two." However, that was 5 weeks ago, so your guess is as good as mine as to when it will actually be released.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
gshosford

Post by gshosford »

Our ward uses those CSV files for administrative tools. I hope they do not deactivate before the end of 2011. Especially because the new calendar and directory are not yet fully functional. The new calendar does not include Church-wide events, and the export to Google calendar doesn't work and Google calendar is our intend fall-back to not having a calendar CSV file available. The directory is not consistent, for some part-member families in the ward it displays non-member spouses, for other part-member families it does not display non-member spouses. There is no means for identifying a non-member spouse. That could have some negative ramifications if someone, not familiar with the family situation called that family and started talking to the non-member spouse as though he or she is a member of the Church. In addition, displaying non-member spouses in the export file makes one of the adminstrative tools our ward uses less effective.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gshosford wrote:Our ward uses those CSV files for administrative tools. I hope they do not deactivate before the end of 2011.

We've been assured many times in many ways that the Classic site will be active through the end of 2011, so you need have no concerns that it will be deactivated earlier. I suspect that the Classic site will be active well into 2012, given that we haven't seen any pieces of the Classic site beyond the Calendar and Directory, so there's a lot to do to get all the functionality rolled out in just a bit over 6 months.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
terrysduncan

Post by terrysduncan »

That issue does certainly look similar. However, I am pretty sure this was working up until this past weekend.
tonyhamon

I still cannot download the Classic Calendar

Post by tonyhamon »

[font=&quot]I am still not able to download the Classic Calendar (just tried again) and still receive the message [/font][font=&quot]“You must be a member of this ward or stake to view this page.”[/font][font=&quot].

This problem has been on and off over the past few months and is common to all my ward who try. Every week or 2 it works and then does not work. It is very frustrating as I am trying to move the Ward to be online, then this happens, so the older people just stop using it.

Wonder if someone is monitoring this tread who can get it fixed?
[/font]
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tonyhamon wrote:Wonder if someone is monitoring this tread who can get it fixed?

You can't depend on anyone monitoring threads here. Use the Feedback link at the bottom of the main lds.org page to give your feedback.
gshosford

Post by gshosford »

Thank you for your quick response. Do you have any idea as to when members of the local units will be able to export their ward directory and ward calendar as CSV files again?
ShirtsDre

CSV Export Issue corrected

Post by ShirtsDre »

gshosford wrote:Thank you for your quick response. Do you have any idea as to when members of the local units will be able to export their ward directory and ward calendar as CSV files again?

This issue should now be corrected. Please test and respond here.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ShirtsDre wrote:This issue should now be corrected. Please test and respond here.
Yes, indeed, the export to CSV, iCal, and vCal all seem to work just fine now.

Thanks for the fix, and thanks for posting here to let us know!

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”