"Book of Mormon Golf" App

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
jglanfield

"Book of Mormon Golf" App

Post by jglanfield »

Hey all,

I hope it's not inappropriate for me to post this here, so someone can redirect me if it is.

I'm the creator of two apps that you will find in the iTunes App Store, "Book of Mormon Golf" and "Scripture Golf." This is by no means a plug. I had the idea of contributing these apps for community development, if there is interest and if it is even possible. Of course, I will not be offended if there is no interest, but I get many downloads of these apps and lots of suggestions that I just don't have the time to implement, given that I have a busy calling and I'm working on my PhD.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Your best bet would be to contact Alan Smoot.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you're looking for the church to handle it, I'd suggest sending a message to Tom Welch.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jglanfield

Post by jglanfield »

Thanks for the suggestion. I've passed along the message.
jglanfield

Post by jglanfield »

Actually, now I'm not so sure my message was sent. I've checked my Sent folder and it shows as being empty.

Any thoughts?

Oops... nevermind.
jglanfield

Post by jglanfield »

Ok, so I've had no feedback. I guess it's safe to say there isn't any interest... which is perfectly fine.

Cheers.
SmootAR

Post by SmootAR »

Applications at the Church are sponsored by departments within the church organization. Not every idea that comes to a department becomes part of the vision and plan for that department. They also don't have the resources to support every idea that comes to them. It may not be something they are ready to support today, but it could in the future. The cycle for technology is to plan during the summer months for budgeting things for the following year. So an idea that a department sees now, may not have any plans to work on it or support it for 6 months or longer. We would love to see this cycle become much shorter, but this is the way it works for now. So please don't get discouraged. I have downloaded and played your Book of Mormon Golf game. Very nice work. There are many applications and many ideas coming through. As of today I haven't shown this to any of the departments. I'm thinking this may be something for Seminaries and Institutes, I will start there. I have a pretty high volume of email, but you are welcome to contact me periodically to follow-up on the progress.
vacao

Post by vacao »

jglanfield wrote:Ok, so I've had no feedback. I guess it's safe to say there isn't any interest... which is perfectly fine.

Cheers.
Brother Glanfield,

I stumbled across BOM golf just a few months ago. I love it! I've always been one who hates having to say "there's a great scripture I read once that applies perfectly here....I just can't remember where it is!", especially as a former seminary teacher. As a software developer (14 years of web application experience), I appreciate the concept and work that you put into it - and would love to see if I could help improve it. Please reply if you are interested.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”