Missing Batches per Financial Statement

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jackw9862

Missing Batches per Financial Statement

Post by jackw9862 »

Apology: If I am wasting someone's time because this has already been answered, just direct me to the proper place. Thanks

Our monthly financial statement from SL lists "missing batches". I had an unsatisfactory conversation with SL to determine why dates that have been signed off by wards as not having a batch are still reported as "missing". For example, we recently had stake conference. That date showed up on my lastest report as a missing batch. This is not useful. Will these drop off eventually? Does anyone know when? Please understand there is much about MLS I like. This one item seems odd. Thanks, Jack Wilson
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It is possible that the missing batch was just that on the date the Unit Financial Statement was processed. A donation batch (one after the date no batch was processed) would have to be processed; the missing batch date checked on the "Missing Financial Data" pop-up; and the batch sent to CHQ before the missing batch would be cleared from the Unit Financial Statement. I would check the next UFS to see if the missing batch is still there. It should not be if the missing batch date has been checked off in the previous month.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I have a similar situation, but the missing batches were from back in January.... I think the question is a good one.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

JohnShaw wrote:I have a similar situation, but the missing batches were from back in January.... I think the question is a good one.
Are you saying that the February, March, April, and May UFSes do not show the batches as missing and now they show as missing in June? Or have the January missing batches always shown as missing in each monthly UFS?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jackw9862

Post by jackw9862 »

jdlessley wrote:Are you saying that the February, March, April, and May UFSes do not show the batches as missing and now they show as missing in June? Or have the January missing batches always shown as missing in each monthly UFS?
The ones I see have always been there.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jackw9862 wrote:The ones I see have always been there.
The follow-on question then is this. Is the "Missing Financial Data" pop-up appearing at the begin of each donation batch processing? If so how is that dialog box closed? Is the date checkbox checked for the week in which there were no financial transactions and then the OK button clicked", or is the OK button clicked without any checkbox being checked?
JD Lessley
jackw9862

Post by jackw9862 »

jdlessley wrote:The follow-on question then is this. Is the "Missing Financial Data" pop-up appearing at the begin of each donation batch processing? If so how is that dialog box closed? Is the date checkbox checked for the week in which there were no financial transactions and then the OK button clicked", or is the OK button clicked without any checkbox being checked?
No, this is the strange part of it. I am both a stake (recent) and ward financial clerk (long-term). I went out to help one unit whose Missing Financial Data included several weeks from prior months. I was expecting to see the pop-up on their unit computer. The clerk assured me that each time the pop-up occurred (once for each Sunday missed) they had checked the box indicating no data for that Sunday and the pop-up disappeared as it should. I had him turn on their computer and begin as if he were going to enter a batch. No pop-up. On his computer everything was fine.

From what I see and from the comments of others, this seems to me to be a SL problem. I haven't yet received my May consolidated statement for the stake. As soon as I do I will be interested to see if these items fall off the report after a certain period of time.
kylehart

Post by kylehart »

I am curious if this has been resolved yet. Our monthly statements show a missing batch for a Sunday when no donations were processed. It was a few months ago. We're not getting a dialog box prompting about a missing batch.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The fix is to call LUS. They will correct the problem and have you do a couple of send/receives to install the fix.
JD Lessley

Return to “Local Unit Finance”