What is the anticipated road map for removal of LUWS

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
jonejam2

What is the anticipated road map for removal of LUWS

Post by jonejam2 »

Any roadmap (published or speculative) about when the LUWS will go away?

Also, is there a way the LUWS admin can find out how many hits our LUWS is getting daily, monthly yearly? My bishop would like to know - it may help him decide not to continue updating some items on that site.

Thanks
Jim
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jonejam2 wrote:Any roadmap (published or speculative) about when the LUWS will go away?

According to the Introduction to the Calendar, "the classic stake and ward website calendar will be available through the end of 2011." That timeline also applies to the whole "classic" site.
jonejam2 wrote:Also, is there a way the LUWS admin can find out how many hits our LUWS is getting daily, monthly yearly? My bishop would like to know - it may help him decide not to continue updating some items on that site.

No. You're not the first one to ask, but this information is simply not available.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonejam2

Post by jonejam2 »

Thank you again! Maybe this belongs in a new thread, but We are having such growing pains with this new calendar and migrating away from the old LUWS calendar.

<snip>

Moderator note: New thread started here
FullmerCB
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by FullmerCB »

CHQ goal is to retire classic Local Unit Websites at the end of 2011. Lots needs to happen by then for that to really work. We'll have firm direction for units by late summer. The new version of the calendar (2.0) will be released in June or July, & will fix a lot of the issues people have experienced with the existing (new) calendar.
slmsz20

Post by slmsz20 »

FullmerCB wrote:CHQ goal is to retire classic Local Unit Websites at the end of 2011. Lots needs to happen by then for that to really work. We'll have firm direction for units by late summer. The new version of the calendar (2.0) will be released in June or July, & will fix a lot of the issues people have experienced with the existing (new) calendar.

Can you assure us the calender/directory will fully work with out-of-unit callings with this new release? (Directory printing non-functional, LDStools does not show out-of-unit leaders, calendars/resources non-functional). We would like to schedule training for these tools in our off time (summer for YSA stakes) however with how unpredictable the releases have been we can't schedule anything (the calendar wouldn't show it anyway).
rheumdoc

LUWS calendar disappeared with all my scheduled events

Post by rheumdoc »

I am a stake building scheduler of a very busy building in Bellevue WA and to my surprise over the last few days I log into my building scheduling calendar and my LUWS calendar has disappeared and in its place is a new calendar. All my scheduled event for the year have disappeared with no backup! Help! I called the church techies and no help. Anyway to get back to classic calendar once it is gone? No warning just showed up.

Greg G
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

rheumdoc wrote:I am a stake building scheduler of a very busy building in Bellevue WA and to my surprise over the last few days I log into my building scheduling calendar and my LUWS calendar has disappeared and in its place is a new calendar. All my scheduled event for the year have disappeared with no backup! Help! I called the church techies and no help. Anyway to get back to classic calendar once it is gone? No warning just showed up.

Greg G
Pure speculation, but it's possible your Stake President chose to turn off the old system, as explained in THIS thread.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:Stake President

Well, someone in the extended Stake Presidency anyway. Maybe not the SP himself.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rheumdoc wrote:Anyway to get back to classic calendar once it is gone?

If the stake turned it off, they can turn it back on long enough for you to snag the information you need. Talk to them and see if that is what happened.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

The original posted question here was around the existence of the LUWS, I believe that enough developers at the church read these forums, or could respond. It is now June, and it would be nice to know about the timeline or roadmap for developing LUWS... I'm not referring to the Directory or the Calendar, but the other pieces of the website. Questions like Is there going to be a future homepage for a ward and stake? Will there be a place to store documents available to all members of the ward or stake? What is the strategy going forward? Even a skeletal outline would be good to know.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”