Error at Login to MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
bobmoodie

Error at Login to MLS

Post by bobmoodie »

MLS seems to have taken a dislike to me - it will not accept my password. Instead it gives an error message which included the following:- "com.pointbase.me.jdbc.jdbcSQLException: Undefined object: SELECT * FROM USER_ACCOUNT WHERE
[*] USERNAME = ?
[ljava.lang.Object; 135877f has tried unsuccessfully to restore your database" It then goes on to suggest I use a backup copy. Note that when I enter what I know is an incorrect password I simply get a massage saying so. It is only when I enter what I know to be the correct password that I get the above message.
I have tried uninstalling the application then reloading version 3.3.1, but get the same results.
I even tried loading an older version of MLS (v3.2.2) then restored an old backup and was able to login successfully, so perhaps there is a bug in 3.3.1? I will ask one of the other clerks to login when they are next on deck and get my password changed to see if this sorts it out. In the meantime, does anyone have another suggestion?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bobmoodie wrote:I have tried uninstalling the application then reloading version 3.3.1, but get the same results.
I even tried loading an older version of MLS (v3.2.2) then restored an old backup and was able to login successfully, so perhaps there is a bug in 3.3.1? I will ask one of the other clerks to login when they are next on deck and get my password changed to see if this sorts it out. In the meantime, does anyone have another suggestion?

Clearly the problem is some sort of corruption in the database itself, so all your steps uninstalling and reinstalling MLS didn't make any difference. The one thing that worked for you was following the instructions to restore a backup of the database. That step would almost certainly have worked even with the current version of MLS. I doubt that the problem is with a particular version of MLS, but rather with the database.

The problem with using an older backup, of course, is that you would lose some work that had been done from the time the backup was made. The good news is that these days that's relatively little information, since financial information is sent to CUBS, and calling information is sent to CDOL, with every Send/Receive. But there are other pieces of data you might lose.

Your only other option is to contact Local Unit Support, request that they capture a copy of your database, fix it, and transmit it back to you.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bobmoodie

Post by bobmoodie »

Regarding the restoring from backup, this is impossible, since one has to be signed in to the database before the one can restore from a backup and I just can't sign in. By the way, I asked one of the other clerks to sign in and he got the "serious error" message that I got.
Thanks for the advice, I'll certainly seek help from local unit support.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bobmoodie wrote:Regarding the restoring from backup, this is impossible, since one has to be signed in to the database before the one can restore from a backup and I just can't sign in.

It's not impossible if you do a Clean installation.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In addition to the backup that you make with MLS, it keeps more frequent backups on the hard drive. Lost User Names describes how to copy a single file to fix a different problem, but that should point you to where the files are to restore from a older internal backup. Do make a copy of the current file so you can restore that if need be.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ProencaSR

Post by ProencaSR »

MLS, when installed on Windows 7 is automatically installed in the "Program Files" folder but not into the "ProgramData" folder.
I got the same error and I fixed it doing this:

- Make sure you have the most current backup
- Uninstall MLS completely
- Delete the folders "LDS Church" folder from "Program Files" and "ProgramData"
- Start MLS reinstallation
- After the installation is finished (before set things up), move the folder "LDS Church" that was created in "Program Files" folder to the "ProgramData" folder
- Proceed to set up your unit.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”