Cannot add an event. Tried to do so several times on more than one day apart.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ECFinley

Cannot add an event. Tried to do so several times on more than one day apart.

Post by ECFinley »

I have added events before but I am having problems adding calendar items now. What could I be doing wrong?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You may be trying to add an event to a calendar that you don't have edit rights to. Rights are typically based on your calling as recorded in MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ECFinley

I was able to add events with the old system and the new system, as a ward clerk

Post by ECFinley »

I was able to add events with the old system and the new system, as a ward clerk. Why does the system not allow me to add new events?
The Bishop asked me, the ward clerk, to add a specific repeating event.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The approval rights in the old system are not tied to your calling.

I'd suggest reading Reasons Why You Might Not Have Default Approver Access
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ECFinley

Post by ECFinley »

Two months ago I was able to add an event. Now I am unable to do so. When I click "save" it looks like the clock is moving.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ECFinley wrote:Two months ago I was able to add an event. Now I am unable to do so. When I click "save" it looks like the clock is moving.

Thanks for that detail. That shows that you don't have any problems with permissions.

Does this happen with a simple, one-time event, or only with the recurring event you mentioned you were trying to create.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ECFinley

Just added a non recurring event with no problems.

Post by ECFinley »

It appears the problem exists only for recurring events.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ECFinley wrote:It appears the problem exists only for recurring events.
I wonder if it is getting stuck doing a lot of conflict checking. Perhaps you could try a very modest recurring event -- set the Occurrences value to 3 so that it only happens 3 times. If that works, then the problem is not a fundamental problem, but rather a problem with overloading the system. In either case, it's something that should be reported and fixed, but narrowing it down would be helpful.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”