Widespread problem with Gospel Library App

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
mkdnprtt

Widespread problem with Gospel Library App

Post by mkdnprtt »

I recently experienced the crashing of my Gospel Library app for iPhone after downloading an update to version 2.1.1. Upon further investigation on the app reviews, it seems many people are experiencing problems with the app after downloading the update. Hanging on the splash screen, content not showing up, an other similar problems. Does anyone know if the Gospel library app developers are aware of these problems and if so, a timeline for when they might be corrected? I would love to be able to use the app again. (Currently using iPhone 3G)

Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mkdnprtt wrote:I recently experienced the crashing of my Gospel Library app for iPhone after downloading an update to version 2.1.1. Upon further investigation on the app reviews, it seems many people are experiencing problems with the app after downloading the update. Hanging on the splash screen, content not showing up, an other similar problems. Does anyone know if the Gospel library app developers are aware of these problems and if so, a timeline for when they might be corrected? I would love to be able to use the app again. (Currently using iPhone 3G)

Thanks!

The fastest way to let them know is to send them an e-mail at
gospellibrary-iphone@ldschurch.org
and tell them what happened.
breid47

Post by breid47 »

The awful state of this application is an embaresment to the Church. Let's get it right and charge if necessary. It has an amazing potential but is not being realized.
I am sorry I have to be this brutally honest about it.
lionelwalters

Post by lionelwalters »

No, breid47, you really don't. I am not a developer, but I know that the developers are volunteers consecrating their limited time to make the application available at no charge to the membership of the Church and others. I appreciate your frustration, but there are channels to direct constructive feedback to, and I am certain that feedback is being addressed with as much urgency as the developers' consecrated volunteer time allows. I would hope that on a public Church forum (which has just as much potential to influence public opinion about the Church and its members as an app) we could show a little more patience, understanding and respect.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”