Minor bug with calendar submissions

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
dmaynes

Minor bug with calendar submissions

Post by dmaynes »

I actually had a member of the ward submit a ward calendar event! I was very excited. However, there is minor bug.

The e-mail that I received read:
New Calendar Item requesting approval
There has been a new 'Calendar' submission for the <MY WARD NAME>. The item is awaiting your approval in the pending submissions portion of the administrative tool.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You received this email from <SUBMITTER>(<SUBMITTER'S E-MAIL>) because you registered for notifications on Stake and Ward Websites.

You are currently registered as <MY NAME AND E_MAIL>. To manage your subscriptions or to remove yourself from Stake and Ward Website Communications, please update your profile: <MY WARD LINK>

If you need additional assistance, contact your Stake and Ward Web site Administrator at <SUBMITTER'S E-MAIL>.
We value your privacy. View our privacy policy: http://lds.org/units/privacy

Stake and Ward Web sites
http://wards.lds.org
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
50 E. North Temple Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84150
© 2009 Intellectual Reserve, Inc
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are a stake or ward administrator, this is one of the emails that you as an administrator must receive.
The submitter was incorrectly listed as the ward website administrator in the e-mail text that I received. Because this e-mail text only goes to website administrators, I don't think this is a big issue. But, I'm reporting it so that it can be considered as other bugs are fixed.

Thanks,
Dennis
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

I am a Stake LUWS admin. A couple of months ago I got a feedback message from a Ward LUWS user and I noticed the same thing about the user's email address appearing where the Admin's email address should have been. I used the Stake LUWS feedback function to report the issue.

A few days later I got a response that noted my feedback and said it had been reported to the programmers. Sometime after that I got another Ward level feedback message and my email address was listed instead of the user's email address so I thought it was fixed. Of course, since your issue was via a calendar event request, it could be that that path through the code is still broken.

In my feedback, I wondered why that line was even in the message as it doesn't make much sense to tell me to contact myself. One problem at a time, I guess.
JLR
ShirtsDre

Issue confirmed

Post by ShirtsDre »

This issue has been confirmed. A solution will be released as soon as possible.
Thanks for the heads up.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
johncpratt1

Post by johncpratt1 »

Where is "the pending submissions portion of the administrative tool."? Under "Manager Calendars?"

I don't see it
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

johncpratt1 wrote:Where is "the pending submissions portion of the administrative tool."? Under "Manager Calendars?"

I don't see it
This thread deals with LUWS, which is now called "Classic LDS.org Stake and Ward Websites". For those sites (which will be retired at the end of this year), the Pending Submissions are visible to designated Administrators when they click on the Administrator Options button from the blue (regular user) pages, which will take them to the green (administrator) pages.

But there is no "Manage Calendars" feature on those Classic sites -- that is a feature of the new Calendar. So I think you're confusing the Classic sites and the new Calendar.

For the new Calendar, there is no feature for submitting proposed events, so you won't see "pending submissions" anywhere. The one thing that can be submitted on the new Calendar is a proposed new Calendar. Those will indeed appear under Manage Calendars in the "New Calendars ・ Awaiting Approval" section, if a non-approver uses the Create Calendar feature.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ShirtsDre

Post by ShirtsDre »

ShirtsDre wrote:This issue has been confirmed. A solution will be released as soon as possible.
Thanks for the heads up.
I don't recall when the solution for this was released, but it has been released.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”