Event times are occasionally changing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
peeryfamily

Event times are occasionally changing

Post by peeryfamily »

I have a lady in a ward that reports:
There have been a few of my ward members who have indicated that thetimes they see for events on the new ward website calendar are not correct (anhour earlier than they really are). Is this a problem with their owncomputer being set up for the wrong time zone or is it indeed a problem withthe website calendar?

Has anyone encountered this problem?

This issue is resolved - We found out that the lady in question had to reload windows and had forgot to adjust the time zone on her computer so when she put in a time on the event it changed it to the time zone she was in on the computer. Thanks for the reply by jdlessley - we are good now!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

When only a few people have issues with the times for events on the calendar it is going to be a computer time, computer timezone, or browser issue. How are the event times appearing to you since you are reporting that others are having the time issue?

I would first check their computer time and time zone. Then see which browser is being used. A few months ago in a post of another threadit was reported that Google Chrome had some time display issues for the calendar yet Safari and Firefox were fine. That user was using a Mac if that could possibly make any difference.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”