A few question about MLS membership Records. Thx

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
iama8oy

A few question about MLS membership Records. Thx

Post by iama8oy »

Im a membership clerk.

Q1) If I update some member's address,email address or phone number in unit directory online, does mls automatically update the info? or it's just for ME?

Q2) One of the member in our ward got a problem when he registered LDS account.
A wants to register LDS account. It shows he already did it. But he never did that. when I tried to use "forget the password", the password sent to B's email address. does that mean B use A's record number and all the details of A registered LDS account? B was in our ward before, but now he moved to different ward. How can I help A to get his account back?

Q3) How can I check who has registered LDS account in my ward? My bishop gave me the authority to check it in Ward Registered Users, but i think it's for old lds ward and stake site. Not the new one. Because i know three members registered, but they are not in the list.
BENNY JENNY
Ashfield Ward, Harbour Stake
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

IaMa8oY wrote:Q1) If I update some member's address,email address or phone number in unit directory online, does mls automatically update the info? or it's just for ME?
If you modify email addresses or phone numbers on the Directory on lds.org, the change will flow to MLS (the same is true if the member makes the modification). And the reverse is true as well; changes made in MLS flow to the online Directory. All these changes are visible to everyone in the stake (following visibility rules depending on whether the member has chosen to show this info in the online Directory, and the leadership calling of the person viewing the information).
IaMa8oY wrote:Q2) One of the member in our ward got a problem when he registered LDS account.
A wants to register LDS account. It shows he already did it. But he never did that. when I tried to use "forget the password", the password sent to B's email address. does that mean B use A's record number and all the details of A registered LDS account? B was in our ward before, but now he moved to different ward. How can I help A to get his account back?
This can be done as follows:
  1. Go to http://ldsaccount.lds.org
  2. Click "Can't Sign In?"
  3. Choose "How do I recover my user name?"
  4. Check "I don't have/remember my email address"
  5. Fill in Membership Number and date of birth
  6. You'll be shown the current associated e-mail address; choose Change E-mail Address.
  7. Enter the new e-mail address and confirm it.
  8. You'll be sent an email message to the new address; click on the link to confirm the registration of the new email address.
IaMa8oY wrote:Q3) How can I check who has registered LDS account in my ward? My bishop gave me the authority to check it in Ward Registered Users, but i think it's for old lds ward and stake site. Not the new one. Because i know three members registered, but they are not in the list.
I don't know of any way to do this. As you mentioned, the classic ward and stake website will only show registered users who have actually used the classic ward and stake website. Simply obtaining an LDS Account will not put them on that list of registered users.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

IaMa8oY wrote:Q3) How can I check who has registered LDS account in my ward? My bishop gave me the authority to check it in Ward Registered Users, but i think it's for old lds ward and stake site. Not the new one. Because i know three members registered, but they are not in the list.
Posted something on this here.

Return to “Membership Help”