Additional Ward/Stake Information

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Animalthewolf

Additional Ward/Stake Information

Post by Animalthewolf »

As well as having access the YSA ward that I am in (West Jordan YSA Ward), I would also like to be able to access information for contacts in my home ward (Westland 1st Ward). I still have times when I need to look-up these individuals for any number of reasons. It would be awesome if you could add an option that would allow for additional stakes/wards to show in your directory list. It would be nice if this followed up on the mobile apps as well.

Thanks

Elder Nowlin
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Animalthewolf wrote:As well as having access the YSA ward that I am in (West Jordan YSA Ward), I would also like to be able to access information for contacts in my home ward (Westland 1st Ward). I still have times when I need to look-up these individuals for any number of reasons. It would be awesome if you could add an option that would allow for additional stakes/wards to show in your directory list. It would be nice if this followed up on the mobile apps as well.

Thanks

Elder Nowlin
As long as both wards that you're referring to are in the same stake, you have access to the membership directories of all wards within your stake. For privacy concerns no-one has access beyond their own home stake.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
Animalthewolf

Post by Animalthewolf »

techgy wrote:As long as both wards that you're referring to are in the same stake, you have access to the membership directories of all wards within your stake. For privacy concerns no-one has access beyond their own home stake.

That's the issue. The YSA (Young Single Adult) wards have all been combined into 1 stake (West Jordan Utah YSA Stake), but outside of this, I still have my home ward (Westland Stake). Thus, I can only access the YSA wards. I'd like to have both if possible. Is there something that can be worked out?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Your best bet is to put your suggestion in feedback on the main lds.org page. It will be routed to the developers. This forum is mostly user-to-user assistance. There's no guarantee that things posted here will reach the developers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Animalthewolf wrote:As well as having access the YSA ward that I am in (West Jordan YSA Ward), I would also like to be able to access information for contacts in my home ward (Westland 1st Ward). I still have times when I need to look-up these individuals for any number of reasons. It would be awesome if you could add an option that would allow for additional stakes/wards to show in your directory list. It would be nice if this followed up on the mobile apps as well.

Just to clarify, are you a regular member of the YSA ward, or are you part of that ward because you have been given a leadership calling in that ward?

If the former, then your membership record has actually been transferred to the YSA ward, and I doubt that you'd be given access to any other ward. There are all sorts of wards I've lived in at some point in the past, or where my parents live now, that it would be convenient to have access to, but I'm sure that Church privacy guidelines would prohibit that access.

If the latter, then your membership record should still be in your home ward, and the YSA ward should simply have an out-of-unit record for you. In that situation, the websites do allow you to access information for both stakes. In this situation, if your records were incorrectly moved to the YSA ward, they should be moved back to the home ward, and an out-of-unit record created for you in the YSA ward.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Animalthewolf

Post by Animalthewolf »

I'm a regular member of the YSA ward now, so my records are with them. If moving them back to the other ward and having an out-of-unit record made for me in the YSA ward is the only way to get both, then I'll move my records back to the westland ward for now.

Thanks for the help. c:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Keep in mind that as a out-of-unit member, you won't show on some reports. HT for one (IIRC). You'll also show on the directories for both units.

As far as I know, this is only for leadership serving in a YSA unit, not for the members. In either case, it needs to be coordinated with both bishops and the stake presidents.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Animalthewolf wrote:I'm a regular member of the YSA ward now, so my records are with them. If moving them back to the other ward and having an out-of-unit record made for me in the YSA ward is the only way to get both, then I'll move my records back to the westland ward for now.
What ward are you attending? If the YSA ward, then your records belong in the YSA ward. Sounds like you need to decide which ward you want to be a part of first, and then send your records there.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

My daughter is in the YSA ward here. She got me to download my ward directory into her electronic dohicky. (Okay, actually she had me log on and she did the downloading.) She then logged on with her account and downloaded the YSA ward directory. Bottom line: she has both ward directories in her whatever it is.

That probably didn't help at all. Sorry.

Alternative: you could just have your home ward clerk print out a paper copy of the ward directory. But that is so last centruy.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”