People known to be married show up on the YSA lists

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
psnarula

People known to be married show up on the YSA lists

Post by psnarula »

We have several inactive married people that show up on the YSA lists because we don't have the information we need to record these people's marriages in MLS. Is there way around this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You'll need to get the minimum information to record the marriage.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
psnarula

Post by psnarula »

Then I would imagine my unit is not unique with having this problem. It would be nice to be able to remove them from the YSA list (like a Sunday School class) or just mark that as married. Evidently neither of these is an option right now.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I have solved this problem before by going to public records to get the necessary marriage information when inactive members could not be contacted, or would not permit contact. This of course assumes you would know where they got married to start the search.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

psnarula wrote:We have several inactive married people that show up on the YSA lists because we don't have the information we need to record these people's marriages in MLS. Is there way around this?

The best solution would be to have someone try and make a contact. Perhaps invite them to participate in YSA activities. And then when it's discovered that they're married, simply congratulate them and try and determine when they were married.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If the test database is to be trusted, it seems the minimum information is:

For male members:
Wife's Maiden name, marriage month and year.

For female members:
Husband's First/Last Name, marriage month and year.

That information could be found in a announcement, either mailed or in the newspaper. In the case of sisters, I'd suggest enlisting the help of the Relief Society.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tronaminer53

Married memger listed as single adult

Post by tronaminer53 »

I have an inactive sister that is married and doesn't want to give any information on her husbands name or place of marriage, let alone a date on the happening. She doesn't want it to appear on any of the records. Can I work around this ?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Nothing short of having her remove her name from the records of the church that I know of. You could call Local Unit Support to see if there is any other options.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”