Final Release Candidate For Meetinghouse Webcast 3.0 Software Now Available

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Final Release Candidate For Meetinghouse Webcast 3.0 Software Now Available

Post by starkjs »

We would greatly appreciate your review of the Final Release candidate for the Meetinghouse Webcast 3.0 software(NOTE: UPDATED WITH CORRECT URL). We are most interested at this time in knowing if you experience any bugs or crashes. When providing feedback, please include your capture device model, operating system and version, and hardware configuration (RAM, processor, etc). Feedback may either be included in this thread, or E-mailed to webcastbeta@sites.ldschurch.org.

NOTE: If your Church unit is new to webcasting and looking for an immediate solution for webcasting your local event, we recommend that you NOT use the Meetinghouse Webcast beta software. Instead, consider using the existing Meetinghouse Webcast Software or Meetinghouse Webcast Communicator to originate and send your webcast
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

Is it normal for the cursor to blink when using "Screen Capture Source"? It seems to blink in sync with the framerate (ie: twice as fast when the framerate is 30fps as it when it is 15fps) and it is annoying to watch.

Thanks

Aaron Z
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

Hi Aaron-- I have the same thing happen. To disable it, click on the settings for the screen capture source and uncheck "Capture layered window." Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further issues.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

starkjs wrote:Hi Aaron-- I have the same thing happen. To disable it, click on the settings for the screen capture source and uncheck "Capture layered window." Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further issues.
That did the trick.
How stable has this release been so far? We will have a clerk training meeting later this month where the stake clerk will be demonstrating some functions in MLS to the ward clerks and the screen-capture function would be nice if it is stable enough.

Thanks

Aaron Z
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

This latest version is very stable, but we are asking for assistance with testing to verify that fact.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

We had Stake Conference this weekend and I used the V2 software on Sat to webcast the adult session, then (as a test) the V3 software to webcast a video of the Sunday broadcast.
The computer with the V3 software was a Dell Inspiron E1502 with XP MCE (fully updated), an Intel T1300 1.66Ghz Core Solo CPU and 1024MB of RAM (this is just for testing) and the V600 capture card. The process monitor wasn't ever pegged, but it showed that it was busy.

The three things that I noticed (compared to V2) were:
  1. There is no longer a current/average/target streaming rate or a total of how much data was uploaded. I like this on the V2 software because I can see when it is having issues
  2. The preview video went black at one point and I was not able to get it to come back on until I closed the program, but it continued broadcasting both audio and video - Is this a VC600 issue?
  3. While the video was black, when I went to change the audio source from "Stereo Mix" to "Line In" and every time I closed the "AudioInputMixer Properties" box it changed back to "Stereo Mix". After re-opening the software, when I opened the "AudioInputMixer Properties" page the only option was "Line In"
Otherwise, I like being able to change the video source and having the rest images available. The video streaming (on the lowest quality settings) seemed to work on our connection which (per the LDS Speedtest page) was running at 1509 kbps down and 362 kbps up.

Aaron Z
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

Thanks Aaron. I've gone ahead and passed these bugs/enhancements on to the rest of the product team.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

starkjs wrote:Thanks Aaron. I've gone ahead and passed these bugs/enhancements on to the rest of the product team.

I can provide more info and troubleshooting data if needed, just let me know.

Aaron Z
flyboyscott

Post by flyboyscott »

We just did our webcast yesterday for Stake Conference. We are currently using the Communicator device to broadcast. We had some issues before the meeting started where the webcast failed and we had to reboot about 3 or 4 times. I forget, stress levels were through the roof at that point. I suspect that it failed because about 3 people were online on the same network trying to test the webcast receiving and we were all draining the internet bandwidth. Anyway, for next time I want to have a solution that is as solid as possible. Can we upgrade our Webcast Communicator device to the latest and greatest version of the software? I've heard that the Communicator is no longer being made available. Would we be better off to put together a dedicated computer with the webcast software installed? Do we get any added functionality with this solution over the Communicator hardware?
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

flyboyscott wrote:We just did our webcast yesterday for Stake Conference. We are currently using the Communicator device to broadcast. We had some issues before the meeting started where the webcast failed and we had to reboot about 3 or 4 times. I forget, stress levels were through the roof at that point. I suspect that it failed because about 3 people were online on the same network trying to test the webcast receiving and we were all draining the internet bandwidth. Anyway, for next time I want to have a solution that is as solid as possible. Can we upgrade our Webcast Communicator device to the latest and greatest version of the software? I've heard that the Communicator is no longer being made available. Would we be better off to put together a dedicated computer with the webcast software installed? Do we get any added functionality with this solution over the Communicator hardware?

I don't know about upgrading, but my first webcasting will be in June. I decided from the get go to get a computer (Dell Studio XPS 7100 Minitower) with a TV/video capture card in it.

So far it has worked great. I have to use the TV/video card to capture the video and then use the on-board sound card to capture the audio. I've done a couple of test and it has worked great. I need to do more because of my upcoming stake conference.

The software will allow you to actually show the desktop of my computer and broadcast it over the connection. So if I had a powerpoint slide that I wanted to show on the screen, I could. It also will allow me to do minor changes to microphone input and others to adjust the volume. I can't do much because it will kill the video stream.

There is a bit more work involved with the software as you need to put Microsoft Expression Encoder and then the software. Once it is installed and working properly, everything should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”