Who in the Ward has an LDS.org account?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
davesudweeks

Who in the Ward has an LDS.org account?

Post by davesudweeks »

Is there a way for a clerk to tell who in the ward has set-up their lds.org account? This would be helpful to know how adept the ward is in general in accessing the new online tools.

In speaking with individuals, there seems to be genuine interest in the tools, but I suspect the interest is not commonly acted upon. Only 1 person (me) has corrected their marker on the mapping function and only 3 or 4 families have uploaded pictures.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

davesudweeks wrote:Is there a way for a clerk to tell who in the ward has set-up their lds.org account? This would be helpful to know how adept the ward is in general in accessing the new online tools.
There isn't anyway that I know of to see this at this time.
davesudweeks wrote: Only 1 person (me) has corrected their marker on the mapping function and only 3 or 4 families have uploaded pictures.
As a ward clerk you have the ability to correct all the markers for your ward, and to upload pictures for all families.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

JonesRK wrote:As a ward clerk you have the ability to correct all the markers for your ward, and to upload pictures for all families.

Yes, I am aware of that and have corrected about 90% of the addresses (the rest will require me to get in the car to drive to those where other mapping sites are unclear and I don't know their exact location). Based on address list requests to the Clerk's Office and comments about not knowing where people live, I would surmise that the usage from our ward is fairly low.

Thanks for the information.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

As a rough guess you could do an Export of the families in your ward to an Excel spreadsheet.
Since an Email address is required to have an LDS account, those families with an Email address MIGHT also have an LDS account.
Obviously, this would only be a rough estimate, since an individual could also have an Email address and NOT have the account, but it's about the only method that I could think of to get an indication.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

davesudweeks wrote:Is there a way for a clerk to tell who in the ward has set-up their lds.org account? This would be helpful to know how adept the ward is in general in accessing the new online tools.
One way to know some who do NOT would be to log into the classic LUWS and look under registered users in the Administrator Options page. Any user that still displays the username does NOT have an lds account. However, only those who created accounts with the old system appear. Those w/o user names have updated their accounts to lds account.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Thanks for all the suggestions. I don't have a "Need" to know, but thought this might be good information to share with the Bishopric. Our bishop is starting to push people to access online information rather than kill trees at the Clerk's Office and Library. Portable devices (i.e. I-Pad-type) have only penetrated a few of our households with most of our members relying on paper manuals and paper reports. It looks like I'm going as far as I can go in some of these areas, given the current system access.

Dave
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

davesudweeks wrote:Thanks for all the suggestions. I don't have a "Need" to know, but thought this might be good information to share with the Bishopric. Our bishop is starting to push people to access online information rather than kill trees at the Clerk's Office and Library. Portable devices (i.e. I-Pad-type) have only penetrated a few of our households with most of our members relying on paper manuals and paper reports. It looks like I'm going as far as I can go in some of these areas, given the current system access.

Dave

It's a good bet that the "inactives" most likely don't have an LDS account. You might just try the old fashioned method of passing a list around through PHD, and Relief Society and contacting the few YW, YM, and Primary leaders and see if you can get a list of at least the leadership and active members who have an account. I'd also suggest posting a note on the ward bulletin board (if you have one) for all to read encouraging the use of the LDS account.

Years ago our ward used to put out a monthly newsletter which we mailed to all families in the ward. This is a bit expensive now, since the postage has gone up, but it might be helpful to put a note in the Sunday Bulletin also.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Yes, good points. I already have a note in our weekly ward bulletin (have had for about a year - and change it from time to time to keep it from getting stale).

Return to “Main Church Website”