cisco 881 install

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
johnshaw

cisco 881 install

Post by johnshaw »

So i am stuck here for the last 2 hours waiting for the activation. It originally detected these scripts as outdated and gave me the instructionto update them. After clicking on the link......please wait for 2 hours now. I know it did something because the vpn came up, but nothing....no feedback that anyth8ng is going on.

Anyone else experience this??? Im waiting until the gsd is open.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I belive GSD is open 24/7.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bradhokanson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bradhokanson »

RussellHltn wrote:I belive GSD is open 24/7.

Indeed they are. If you went thru the activation process and received an "activation successful" page you should be fine. The only reason to hang around for 2 hours would be confirm the access point is configured but even that usually doesn't take 2 hours.

If GSD cant get the 881 activated they escalate to Field and Campus Ops who I know can help you out.

Brad
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

The GSD is open 24/7 EXCEPT they close Saturdays at 6:00 pm MST and don't open back up until Sunday 12:00 (Noon) MST. To me, these are very inconvenient times, but I understand the reasons. I have found the weekend staff is out of it's element beyond re-scripting a device anyway, even if the re-script goes badly, they are quick to ask you to call back during the week when a technician that can really help is available. [This needs to be fixed at the GSD]

This Cisco 881 wanted to update the scripts BEFORE the activation sequence (it is the activation scripts that were being updated). I let the update process run for about 45 minutes with a Please Wait and a spinning graphic running, then restarted the browser again and waited another 45 minutes. I then decided to reboot the firewall all together, and when I launched the http://firewall.lds.org AFTER the reboot, the activation process took about 10 minutes. The wireless started up about 1 hour after I finished that activation.

I spoke to the GSD this morning about the issue, and they have had several calls about the process hanging, The script update is supposed to initiate a firewall reboot, but seems to hang at that point. So this seems to be a known issue, and I wanted to make sure we get this information out there for others.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

If GSD cant get the 881 activated they escalate to Field and Campus Ops who I know can help you out.

Brad
I have NEVER known the GSD on a weekend to page anyone out. I have asked repeatedly, but they tell me they can't, this is not a single isolated incident. The meetinghouses I support on the weekends, are generally those that are 1 to 2 hours away. I have 4 buildings close enough to deal with during the week, but the other 4 are weekend support. Very disappointing experience generally when I'm with the GSD on the weekends.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”