Training

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
lehrschallbrian

Training

Post by lehrschallbrian »

I need to do some training for my secretaries in my unit. Does anyone have any training material that I can use to show them what the need for the quarterly/stake reports each month?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I someone doesn't provide any material there is the MLS manual that provides information about the quarterly report and what goes into it. The quarterly report section is on page 17. Aside from that information the only additional material I think that would be needed is the attendance sheets and possibly a blank copy of the quarterly report.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jwnice

Post by jwnice »

The best resource is The handbook of Instruction. Look up the responsibilities of the secretary of each organization/quorum (they are almost identical). Go over this with the secretaries and emphasize with the organizational secretaries the need for PROMPT return of roll lists (quarterly report) and the RS, EQ, & HP secretaries for seeing that the HT & VT reports are in the copomputer in a TIMELY manner. This from a Ward clerk with 30+ years of experience.

Bro Jim Nice
Sandy River Ward
Mount Hood Oregon Stake
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

This guide is useful:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Quarterly_report

In our ward, I ask the secretaries to have everything to me by the 10th - that way I have a few days to run down any late information.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”