Blackberry Playbook

Discussions around the BlackBerry version of the Gospel Library application.
jrattray

Blackberry Playbook

Post by jrattray »

Good morning,

Just wanted to know if you have any plans to roll out the Gospel Library on the Blackberry Playbook?

Thanks,

Jonathan
jrattray

Post by jrattray »

nobody else have a Playbook????
probertson

Post by probertson »

I have a BlackBerry PlayBook, and I also develop applications for the PlayBook in my day job.

About 6 weeks ago I emailed some people (as per the instructions on proposing a new project) and said I'm interested in working on a PlayBook version of the Gospel Library application.

A couple of people responded and pointed me to a third person who they said would be the official point of contact. That person never responded but I also got busy and didn't follow up either.

I'm still interested in working on it (that's why I came to the site tonight =)

Jonathan, I'm not sure if you're interested in developing the application, or you're just interested in having it yourself. In either case, I'm planning to start work on it and I'd be interested to collaborate with you or use you as a beta tester or whatever.

Paul Robertson
jrattray

Post by jrattray »

probertson wrote:I have a BlackBerry PlayBook, and I also develop applications for the PlayBook in my day job.

About 6 weeks ago I emailed some people (as per the instructions on proposing a new project) and said I'm interested in working on a PlayBook version of the Gospel Library application.

A couple of people responded and pointed me to a third person who they said would be the official point of contact. That person never responded but I also got busy and didn't follow up either.

I'm still interested in working on it (that's why I came to the site tonight =)

Jonathan, I'm not sure if you're interested in developing the application, or you're just interested in having it yourself. In either case, I'm planning to start work on it and I'd be interested to collaborate with you or use you as a beta tester or whatever.

Paul Robertson

Hey Paul,

I have no idea how to develop an application even though I am a "techie". I would be more than happy to help provide ideas and test it....to help develop one. I have been using digital forms of church manuals ets for many years....back when Palm Pilot's and Sony Clie's were around.

Let me know, i would be more than willing to help. I emailed the LDS SCRIPTURES.com and this is how they responded:

"We have no plans todevelop on the new Playbook platform at this time. We will wait and see how the demand pans out before we commit the resources todevelop on that platform."
DerekB

Another Playbook user

Post by DerekB »

Paul,

I also am a playbook user who does not have any development ability, but who would be willing to be a beta tester for a Gospel Library app for the Playbook.

I love the device, but have been frustrated with the lack of certain apps that are readily available on the Ipad (kindle, gospel library, etc.)

I hope you find the time to get this developed...it would be great to have.

Thanks,

Derek Baker
lhMarin

Post by lhMarin »

Hola espero que esten muy bien
El problema es que yo tengo un BB 8520 curve ya instale la aplicacion de gospel library pero no se pueden descargar las escrituras solo aparece loading... y ya no pasa nada para la aplicacion es necesario tener un plan de datos BIS de BB o aun con el WI-FI puedo utilizarlo no se cual sea el motivo que no puedo tener las escrituras en mi BB
gracias
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

lhMarin wrote:Hola espero que esten muy bien
El problema es que yo tengo un BB 8520 curve ya instale la aplicacion de gospel library pero no se pueden descargar las escrituras solo aparece loading... y ya no pasa nada para la aplicacion es necesario tener un plan de datos BIS de BB o aun con el WI-FI puedo utilizarlo no se cual sea el motivo que no puedo tener las escrituras en mi BB
gracias
FYI, a Google translation offers the following...

Hi hope you are well
The problem is that I have a BB Curve 8520 and install the application of gospel library but you can download the scripts only appears loading ... and since nothing happens to the application is necessary to have a BIS data plan with the BB or even I can use WI-FI which is not the reason I can not have scripts on my BB
thanks
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aarongusa

Plaaaaaybooooooooooook!!!

Post by aarongusa »

lhMarin wrote:Hola espero que esten muy bien
gracias

Amigo! Los siento pero este forum es para desarrollar un app para el BB Playbook. El forum que quieras esta aqui:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... el-Library

Hey everyone!! I have a playbook as well and I love it! It's the perfect combo that really is overshadowed in the LDS app development community by the Apple Dynasty. I'm pretty novice when it comes to the development of apps but I'd love to be involved and do whatever I can to make this happen.
jrattray

Post by jrattray »

Any update on this yet? These things launched back in April and still nothing:(
jonathandeeharris

Willing to help.

Post by jonathandeeharris »

Any new information on this? It is September now.

I am also a Playbook user. Love the platform hate the lack of apps. I would be willing to beta test the Gospel Library if it would help. I am an IT guy, but not a developer.

Return to “BlackBerry Gospel Library”