Unable to move Bishop from Priest Quorum 2 to main quorum

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jcarroll

Unable to move Bishop from Priest Quorum 2 to main quorum

Post by jcarroll »

LDS Tech Community,

We have two priest quorums, but we should only have one. The only person listed in the second quorum is the bishop (as priest quorum president). I cannot add the bishop as the president of the first priest quorum (see attached image). Even when I delete the second quorum, I still cannot assign the position of Priest Quorum President. When I recreate the second quorum, the bishop is automatically listed as president. Oh, and the "remove" link which belongs in the right-most column is mysteriously missing for that position. Any ideas?

Update: I realized that the screenshot is difficult to see. I don't know how to upload a full-sized screenshot. My apologies. Also, I saw that some personal data was included in the first screenshot. I tried to remove it, but I don't know how.

Thanks,

Brother Carroll
Membership Clerk
Wheaton Ward
Naperville Illinois Stake

Moderator note: unwanted image removed.
Attachments
MLS missing remove link for bishop.jpg
MLS missing remove link for bishop.jpg (18.98 KiB) Viewed 860 times
MLS unable to assign priest quorum president.jpg
MLS unable to assign priest quorum president.jpg (21.58 KiB) Viewed 851 times
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

This has been viewed over 100 times in the past 30 days, with no reply. Any else have the same concern? Any suggestions? Should I ask my stake clerk for help using MLS?

Thank you to the moderator for removing the screen shots with sensitive information.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jcarroll wrote:This has been viewed over 100 times in the past 30 days, with no reply. Any else have the same concern? Any suggestions?
Although people may happen to view this post, that doesn't mean that they have answers. It's extremely uncommon for a ward to have a second priests quorum (more than 48 priests). That probably is one reason this part of MLS wasn't tested very well, but it's certainly a reason why you aren't getting any responses.
jcarroll wrote:Should I ask my stake clerk for help using MLS?
Yes, this is the correct first step for getting support. If he can't help you (which is likely, since it's such an unusual case), I would suggest that you or he contact Local Unit Support for assistance.
jcarroll wrote:Oh, and the "remove" link which belongs in the right-most column is mysteriously missing for that position. Any ideas?

That question does have a reasonable answer -- since the bishop is automatically the president of the priests quorum, there is never a "remove" link by this particular calling.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jcarroll

Thank you!

Post by jcarroll »

aebrown wrote:Yes, this is the correct first step for getting support. If he can't help you, I would suggest that you or he contact Local Unit Support for assistance.
Thank you for your quick reply. I have contacted my stake clerk and anxiously await the reply. In the mean time, I can't wait to send this upstream to Local Unit Support and MLS Development.

For the record: We do not have more than 48 priests in a quorum. We have fewer than 12.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jcarroll wrote:For the record: We do not have more than 48 priests in a quorum. We have fewer than 12.

So how did you come to have a second Priests Quorum? Did some clerk create it accidentally?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

When there are multiple Priests quorums the bishop will be added automatically as the president of each quorum. And as already stated there is no way to manually add or delete the bishop as the quorum president - adding is done automatically within MLS. There should be no way to remove the bishop from the quorum. Not having him listed in the Priest 1 quorum indicates there is a problem with the database.

I tried several tests using live data to try to replicate the issue. I could not get the Priest 1 quorum into a state where the bishop was not there.

Something that may recreate the quorum with the bishop as the president is to add the second quorum and then remove the first quorum. But before you do this print a copy of the quorum information so you have the positions and calling dates. The second quorum will become the first quorum, or rather the only quorum, with all the members of Priests 1 automatically moved to the now only remaining quorum. Now add the assistants, secretary, and any custom positions back in using the information from the printed quorum data.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”