Editor can't edit calendars?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bgraabek

Editor can't edit calendars?

Post by bgraabek »

I'm the stake clerk, and a member has recently been given the assignment to edit the (new) online stake calendar.
I first did an "Add editor by name" to all stake calendars, but obviously realised that would be a lot of work every time the calling/assignment changes.
So instead I've given the member a "calling" in MLS, I've done a send/receive. The member shows up in the online directory with that calling. I've done the "Add editor by calling" to all stake calendars instead.
But the member says she now can't edit the calendars. Is this a function that doesn't work or should we wait more than 3 hours before we check that it is working?
Or is there something else I should do?
I made the member a "Stake website administrator", so presumably I shouldn't even have to give the calling editor rights over the calendars?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My memory, (which could easily be faulty) is that you should wait 24 hours from the time the calling shows up in the CDOL for it to sync to the other sites.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussellHltn wrote:My memory, (which could easily be faulty) is that you should wait 24 hours from the time the calling shows up in the CDOL for it to sync to the other sites.
Your memory is pretty good, but depending on the timing it could be up to 36 hours. See here for more details.

Return to “Calendar”