Print Open Callings List

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jonejam2

Print Open Callings List

Post by jonejam2 »

I am trying to find a list of open callings (all callings created or standard in MLS and can't seem to figure out how to obtain the list.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
jonejam2

Post by jonejam2 »

Never mind. As far as I can tell MLS won't let me do it, but the wonderful LDS.ORG has the ability.

Just FYI - under leader and clerk resources
click on "organizations"
then click on "Callings by organizations"
then select "Unfilled callings" on the callings drop down menu.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Off hand, I don't see it either. You'd have to go though the list of positions and see what's vacant.

Speculation on my part, but I don't think there's a requirement for every position to be staffed. There are a few positions that must be filled, and you'll find those in the handbook. Beyond that, it's a "fill as needed". I'm guessing that's why there's no such report.

Still, I can see the usefulness of such a report if the list of members needing callings is longer then the list of positions you can think of needing to be filled.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jonejam2 wrote:I am trying to find a list of open callings (all callings created or standard in MLS and can't seem to figure out how to obtain the list.
jonejam2 wrote:Never mind. As far as I can tell MLS won't let me do it, but the wonderful LDS.ORG has the ability.
You can get a list of the standard positions in MLS. There must be at least one calling for the unit in MLS that is a custom position. If there is not one a temporary custom postion can be created and filled. Then use the Custom Postion Review found in the Organizations > Reports/Tools menu. Click the "Find nearest match for the custom postion. On the Standard Positions List (Nearest Match) pop-up click the Show All button. A list of all the standard postions in MLS will be displayed. To get a copy of that list just select any position on that list and press the keyboard keys Ctrl + Shift + C. The list is copied to the clipboard. That information can be pasted into any application such as Excel for manipulation.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”