Compact Directory Listing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
HarrisM

Compact Directory Listing

Post by HarrisM »

As ward clerk, we periodically print out a list of households on the back of a ward map and distribute it in the ward. In the past, you had a 2-column format ideal for this purpose. It contained the name and phone number, side-by-side, in a column. Very compact.

The new print pages are pretty, but take much more room. Is there a way to get a more compact printout again.

Thanks.

Mike Harris
mjharris73@yahoo.com
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There are several options on the "Print Preview Directory" that permit changing the format of the printed directory. Have you tried adjusting the settings to get the compaction you need. I have been able to get 120 households per portrait page using the smallest font and six columns. The directory can also be exported into a CSV file for manipulation in a program of choice. I used MS Excel and was able to get two columns per household as you described.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

OOOH... Mouse-type (smallest font, 6 columns). Don't you get complaints from your older members that they cannot read it?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

We as a ward don't distribute a printed directory. I was merely making suggestions to the OP on how to compact what is available on the new directory. I personally would not use the direct print from the directory. Instead I would export the directory and manipulate the results. And, no - I don't complain.:cool::p
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jdlessley wrote:We as a ward don't distribute a printed directory. I was merely making suggestions to the OP on how to compact what is available on the new directory. I personally would not use the direct print from the directory. Instead I would export the directory and manipulate the results. And, no - I don't complain.:cool::p

The Bishopric would like me to update a phone list monthly - I hold them off to about 2X per year. For our ward, we can fit everyone in 2 columns using head of house and spouse (to include home Phone and Cell phone numbers) on 1 page, front-back. Everyone loves it, but the formatting in Excel takes a couple of hours to make it all fit and still be readable. Gives me something to do during my lunch breaks on National Guard weekend...

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”