Budget balance forward not equal

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kaelyn

Budget balance forward not equal

Post by kaelyn »

The budget balance forwarded in my MLS for January, 2011 doesn't equal to the January, 2011 Unit Financial Statement. The budget balance forwarded in the Unit Financial Statement is the correct amount. How do I correct this in the MLS?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kaelyn wrote:The budget balance forwarded in my MLS for January, 2011 doesn't equal to the January, 2011 Unit Financial Statement. The budget balance forwarded in the Unit Financial Statement is the correct amount. How do I correct this in the MLS?
First, check to see if the problem is corrected in later months. If so, don't worry about a January issue. But if the amount you were off in January continues to be the same discrepancy in subsequent months, then you need to fix MLS.

In order to do that, you probably need to call Local Unit Support and request a CUBS setup file. That will download to MLS all the corrections that need to be done in order to bring MLS into balance with CUBS (which is what is reflected on the Unit Financial Statement).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”