LDS Tools Web Services for .NET

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
RodSpencer

LDS Tools Web Services for .NET

Post by RodSpencer »

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this request, but has anyone developed a .NET (C#) client to access the LDS Tools web site? I have been attempting this for a couple of days and I believe I am logging in properly, but when I try to retrieve anything, I just get the login screen which indicates an error. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Rod Spencer
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

I have no experience with a .NET client. But I do know that other plateforms also experience problems, at least sporadically, and some developers are trying to isolate the problem. The root cause remains unknown, as far as I know, but one can't rule out some server-side issue.

I assume you have tried the services interactively with a web browser to test the general authentication and connectivity. Right?
joel

Web Services

Post by joel »

Actually, it's against our policy to have 3rd party apps use these web services. The policy going forward is that the only apps which can use LDS Account credentials are LDS Community apps.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

joel wrote:Actually, it's against our policy to have 3rd party apps use these web services. The policy going forward is that the only apps which can use LDS Account credentials are LDS Community apps.

Thank you for that clarification. That's what I thought the policy was supposed to be, and I raised the question in another thread recently. Now we have an answer.

From the standpoint of Community developers on LDS Tools and similar apps, that does mean that a viable CODA-like service, including access to expanded fictional content for confidential data elements, will be imperative going forward. Otherwise we will be dead in the water.
RodSpencer

Post by RodSpencer »

joel wrote:Actually, it's against our policy to have 3rd party apps use these web services. The policy going forward is that the only apps which can use LDS Account credentials are LDS Community apps.

Who would I talk to to see if there would be an interest in making my app an LDS Community app? Or does LDS Community apps have to be originated internally?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

rodspencer wrote:Who would I talk to to see if there would be an interest in making my app an LDS Community app? Or does LDS Community apps have to be originated internally?

The Getting Involved with Projects wiki page indicates (at the bottom of the page) that you should contact Alan Smoot about ideas for new community projects.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

rodspencer wrote:Who would I talk to to see if there would be an interest in making my app an LDS Community app? Or does LDS Community apps have to be originated internally?
My bad. I assumed when I read your original post that you were working on one of the existing LDS Tools projects for the Windows handheld platform(s).
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

I am not a coder (I don't get much beyond scripting level programming), but I have a Windows Mobile 6.1 phone (HTC Touch Pro) and would be willing to test/provide feedback this application when that is needed.

Aaron Z

Return to “Member Tools”