Making Non-Member Head of Household

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
CptPalmer

Making Non-Member Head of Household

Post by CptPalmer »

I have a single parent that is a non member and all his kids are members. The kids records currently reside with the other parent and need to be transfered to our local unit with the non-member. Is is possible I can make the non member head of household so I can request the kids records in?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cptpalmer wrote:I have a single parent that is a non member and all his kids are members. The kids records currently reside with the other parent and need to be transfered to our local unit with the non-member. Is is possible I can make the non member head of household so I can request the kids records in?
You can certainly make a nonmember the head of household. You need his permission to create the nonmember record in MLS. But once you have that permission, you can follow the steps in the MLS Software Manual under Nonmember Record: If the nonmember is a relative of a member but not the spouse of a member to create the record and make the nonmember the head of household. Then you can request the individual children's records, specifying that newly created household as the household the requested records will belong in.

Of course, you can request the children's records without a household and then create the household and move the children into the household after the records arrive. Either order will work.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Membership Help”