Servers spamming email about new calendar events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rickmeier1

Servers spamming email about new calendar events

Post by rickmeier1 »

The calendar server is spamming email with new calendar events. Every new calendar event has sent at least 5 emails, but recently a calendar event had been sent to more over 100 times. I have had to add the church's email to my spam rules.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rickmeier1 wrote:The calendar server is spamming email with new calendar events. Every new calendar event has sent at least 5 emails, but recently a calendar event had been sent to more over 100 times. I have had to add the church's email to my spam rules.

This has been reported on another thread: Sending multiple notifications for single event. That thread includes a post from a Church employee that indicates that the problem has been fixed, but that appears not to be the case.

But I have never seen this happen personally -- when I get notified of a new event, it is just one message. I wonder why some people have the problem and others don't?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”