Gospel Library 2.0 - force quit, can't update, etc.

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
froghunter

Gospel Library 2.0 - force quit, can't update, etc.

Post by froghunter »

So, I've installed Gospel Library 2.0 several times now. I have a Nook Color with Cyanogenmod 7 / Android 2.3. There are a variety of problems.

Initially, things seem to go well. I start up the app and select to download the 9 books in the scriptures category. They seem to download properly. When I move on to other books I start to have problems. Instead of going from grey to white when downloaded, some books seem to go through the download/install/finalize process, and then simply remain grey. Other times they get stuck on the install process and never finish. The processor is usually pegged at close to 100% for all of this, as would be expected during the indexing; however, the indexing also never seems to finish, and in short order, the app starts to force quit. Now I can't even start the app... it goes to the outline of one of the app's screens, and then force quits. All the while the indexing continues in the notification area, but selecting that again causes a force quit (although the indexing notification remains).

Any suggestions? I've made sure that the previous version's folder has been removed, as was suggested in the other thread. Also, is this fully released, or is this effectively still beta? I don't mind waiting while development completes; I can always restore the previous version. Thanks in advance.
silid

Post by silid »

I just thought I'd let you know that I am using GL2.0 on an HTC Desire/Bravo GSM with CM7 and it is working fine.
forever4

Post by forever4 »

I have an Android phone and had Gospel Library installed. It was working fine but all of a sudden (today at church) I would get blank screens when trying to access the pages. I can see the menu options but once I try to open a chapter the screen is white with just a heading at the top. Sometimes when I click the app icon all I see is a black screen. Are you aware of this issue and is there a fix for it? Thanks.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

forever4 wrote:I have an Android phone and had Gospel Library installed. It was working fine but all of a sudden (today at church) I would get blank screens when trying to access the pages. I can see the menu options but once I try to open a chapter the screen is white with just a heading at the top. Sometimes when I click the app icon all I see is a black screen. Are you aware of this issue and is there a fix for it? Thanks.

Mine has done similar on a few occations (including yesterday at church) and I suspect it is either when the app is trying to index a new book downloaded or when it is trying to download an updated list of books available (which is what I think it was doing yesterday) so my advice would be to reboot the phone and load the app and give it some time to do all of the above. Mine is working fine now.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”